2009 Scion tC Consumer Review: Sleek, sexy, sporty and afford

2009 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Sleek, sexy, sporty and affordable !
By Jim on

2009 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had my 09 tC for two months - adore it! Superb performance and handling. Response is crisp and solid. Rides low to the ground. No problems with build quality or function. Great cruise control. No acceleration delay, very quick off the line and smooth pickup. The premium 160 watt stereo is incredibly loud - too much bass at times but terrific iPod control. Love the panoramic moonroof. My only complaints are that the gauges are hard to read in daylight, esp the speedometer. Don't like the orange gauge lights - wish they could change to blue like the stereo can. I'm 6' tall and the back seat is very cramped but I never sit there anyway! Doors are a little long. Great value for the price.

Favorite Features

Premium stereo is da bomb! Great iPod control. Awesome moonroof. The left foot rest is thoughtful. Overall design is very sleek. Tons of options available. Everything a sports car should be.

Suggested Improvements

Better gauge lighting (such as on the Toyota Matrix). Power drivers seat might be nice. Better outside mirrors (bad blind spots).