Great Car but
By LJB on
2009 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my car in May. I fell in love with it. But about a week ago it popped out of gear (manual). I have just found out that the synchronizers failed and they are replacing at least 3rd gear in the tranny. After getting the diagnosis I looked it up and apparently this has been a problem on and off since 2005. I am hoping that the fix will resolve the issue permanently and that this isnt an ongoing thing. The dealership is currently repairing the car and have been great but they never mentioned that to me when discussing a manual versus an automatic. Even now they didn't mention it was a known problem. I researched it. Other then this issue, I love this car through and through.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission is fun on this car. The stereo is amazing. The moon roof is wonderful. The style is very sporty. It handles well in turns and on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the synchronizer issues before you put another one on the road. I guess it doesn't happen often, just my luck. But have been assured this will be resolved. A little more height in the car for tall passengers would be good.