Best under-$20k car, and it's sexy too
By TC driver on
2009 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Yeah so it's made for people younger than me (51) but I love my TC. The drive, comfort and handling impressed me from day one. Plenty of pickup, great visibility, a pleasure to drive. Plus the TC is a great value $$$. 160-watt stereo has too much bass for my tastes but it has great iPod interfacing. Logical interior layout. The moonroof is terrific. Good gas economy. Roomier on the inside than it looks from the outside. Large cargo space with back seats folded down. I get lots of compliments on how my silver TC looks. It's a sleek & sexy car. All the other Scions look clunky to me but the TC stands out. I don't think there's a better new car for under $20k out there.
Favorite Features
Performance and handling are #1. Tight steering that feels right. Great stereo and moonroof. Good interior layout, room and overall comfort. There's actually a place for my left foot! One-piece key/remote. Tons of available options. The TC looks as good as it drives.
Suggested Improvements
Speedometer is not well lit - hard to read in the daytime. I don't like the all-orange dash lighting, wish it was multicolor or could be switched to blue like the stereo can. Premium Pioneer stereo needs better EQ control. Outside mirrors have major blind spots. Wish Bluetooth was available.