2009 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Awesome Car at Awesome Price
By scchilling74 on 05/03/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for almost a year and I must say I still love to drive it. I have owned allot of cars over the years and I usually get bored with them after a few months, but not my tC. This car has the necessary power, style and comfort to keep you coming back for more. I really like that Toyota did the first two scheduled maintenance services for free. The car is put together well and offers a spacious sleek design for a coupe. I went from driving a truck to my tC and I haven't missed my truck, aside from the occassional need to haul something big. I got the optional Nav system which was a bit pricey but worth the money.

09 TC RS
By jromine on 04/28/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle trading in a Mazda 3. I live in WI so driving a Mazda 3 hatch without ABS was difficult to say the least. This car handles great in the winter. We had a pretty bad winter this year and I had no problems with it's handling. Much better than what I had before. More room in the back then what you'd think for passengers who sit in the rear. Car stayed on track in the snow and when ABS kicked in it stopped. Ipod hookup is awesome in this car, better than a lot of Pioneer aftermarkets out there right now. Car looks great on the outside, I get a lot of stares and comments. Roomy interior, but the build quality could be better.

Very Decent
By E.D on 04/06/09 11:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So this is my first new car I bought. very happy with it. Great for one person. Drive is smooth, and no problems thus far. Good pick up. Basic model features are great. Moonroof/sunroof is awesome,I love it. The only this is that it's a little rattly at times. I put a spoiler on the car, so I just found out I can't put a rack on the back, but that is a minor issue. If you are looking for a small, fun, sporty, nice looky car with a smooth ride, this is perfect for you.

"Think TWICE"
By *LiLLiSSa* on 03/23/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First of off, this car is one of the best looking car out there. Driving experience, the shifter is kind of high and the armrest usually hits my elbow;shifting, "biggest complaint". The gauges could been a little bigger. The suspension is horrible! Other than that it is a pretty smooth and quiet car, plenty of torque. I would think that Toyota could have done more with the 09 model. Basically if you really want experience your tC, you would defenitely need TRD upgrades. The tc is really not up there with the civic SI or cobalt SS. Just because it is a coupe doesn't mean it is a sport car in my opinion. It's an OKAY car but I highly reccomend the Civic SI; Have you sat in an SI's seat? DO IT!!

Fun to Drive
By Kevin on 02/27/09 13:01 PM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I debated for quite some time which car to look at and chose this one simply because it comes with some awesome standard features for a very reasonable price. I love driving this car, I test drove the automatic but ended up getting the manual and I am glad I did. Even though it is a compact car, there's plenty of room up front. The car looks wonderful, inside and out, even considering I don't like the other Scion models.

Issue with clutch
By Nathan on 01/30/09 06:09 AM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC back in december 2008. At 2200 miles my clutch and flywheel go out. The dealership says they wont warranty the repairs and want to charge me $1,440 to fix it. I'm getting a lawyer today.

Awesome Car!
By SM on 01/26/09 15:56 PM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has some serious pep! I went from driving a VW Jetta with 115hp and 122lb. foot of torque. I love everything about this car. The interior is awesome, very easy to read the dials and is truly a sports coupe hatchback. I had a problem with my Jetta not starting in cold weather, I live in Michigan, and it gets well below zero, my jetta wouldn't start, but my Scion will, with ease. I no longer own the Jetta.

Amazing I'm so happy
By Danny on 01/21/09 14:33 PM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove many car before the tc and it was by far the best. Mazda3, civic, protege, neon, etc this is by far the best car I have had. Car is cool, looks good, many many options of mods and wheels just many many ways to make it better and faster. I got the car a month ago and I love it. 5 speed engine intake hks exhaust 10,000k hids yellow jdm fogs 2 12 subs 2000 Watt amp lowered it on tein coilovers and upper sway bar. The moonrof is amazing I live in Florida and its the best choice for this place! If you are looking for a car and you're Young or older but want a fun and sporty car search no more you have found it!

2009 Scion TC
By Carly on 12/02/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion TC after driving almost every car on the market that was under $25,000 and being a previous Mazda salesperson and Mazda3 owner. I fell in love with the vehicle inside and out. I have had 2 problems with the car not starting and Toyota cannot figure out the problem. When I took the car in for service they always give me a loaner car and always call me with updates on its status. Its been a few months since the problem and I love the car otherwise.

Cool fun car!
By Bkwrm on 11/18/08 22:59 PM (PST)

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE the Tc! This burnished red Tc is my second Tc. Never had a bit of problems. Drives great gets good gas mileage 29/33. Love the stereo. I am a Scion fan for life!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion tC Hatchback in VA is:

$133 per month*