Used 2009 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great Car!
By Inga

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been so happy with this car. My son was in an accident and was hit on the driver side door and the airbags deployed and he walked away and played hockey that night. The car had $13,000 of damage but is as good as new now. The car has really great pick up and is so peppy and reliable and comfort. I love driving it.

Great pick up. Love the Ipod connector.

Good all around car
By Bootlyus

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All around a good car. If you are all about TOKYO DRIFTU then this is not the car for you. I think this car has a bad reputation in some circles because there are too many Tc owners that think this is a sports car. It's not. Test drove an auto but bought the manual for price reasons. Auto was a little slow to shift but other than that it was fine. The car handling is excellent, it feels like you are driving the car not the other way around. A lot of the electronic assist stuff Toyota loves to put in their cars now is pleasantly absent in the TC give you the feeling of having more control over your driving experience. Fuel economy, torque and HP is what you would expect from a 2.4 L 4 cylinder.

Handling, loads of standard features, surprising leg room (6'2" and I fit just fine), fit and finish is better than many other cars in this price range. One of the few cheap, reliable cars out there that doesn't look or handle like garbage.

A/C is mediocre at best. Tires are junk. Expect to either A) get a new pair right off the bat or B) go off the road at least once during a rain/snow storm. After the first 5K on the OEMs I can break the car loose just by thinking about hitting the gas hard.

wow
By lilj89

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed with the tc I love the sound system and how quick it accelerates when you downshift I love the sunroof and the reclining back seats (even though I'm never in the back LOL) on thing I was a little disappointed on was the fuel economy for a 4 cylinder the fuel economy was not what I expected but all in all it is a great car. Plan to start modding it soon and there is so many things you can buy its amazing scion did real good on the tc

2009 Scion Tc (Waveline Pearl)
By whatisbam

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Tc on a complete whim! Actually paid for it before I even placed hands on it. I drove 3 hours to pick it up and what I found upon arrival was nothing short of what I expected. Beauty is in its simplicity and somewhere in its simplicity is a hidden power that I do love. It's sporty, with a back seat! Everything this 22 year-old single father will ever need. Kudos to Scion!

Hatch, but without looking like a hatch! I can fit my guitar, some small luggage in the hatch, my kid in his carseat in the back and still turn heads on the street.

I had to get a manual so there is a few things that aren't as smooth as they should be between the clutch and transmission, mainly noise but I'm lookin into a quickshifter so maybe that will resolve my problem.

Great car for the price
By Jakers

2009 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to valet so I've driven everything from a Honda Del Sol to a Maserati Quattroporte, and I tried to be as fair as possible when rating the Tc. Here are my pros and cons: I have already logged over 10k miles on my car without a single problem. The back moonroof shade will rattle if you drive on the hgwy w/ the windows down (to be expected) Scion cut costs on the frame, but if you can do that and still score 5 star safety ratings, who wouldn't? my tires' tread is already getting low. I'll be lucky if they last 10K more miles it's not very quick.. at least not with a manual. 1st is done early compared to other light-weight cars interior could use a quality boost

Able to control Ipod with the steering wheel, sound system, sunroof, and I found the suspension to be quite respectable.. I don't rev to the redline, but I do drive like a maniac at times, and it handles rather well

Let's see: more power, better quality, improved gas milage.. but most of these upgrades would result in a higher MSRP. I test-drove the civic SI. it's nasty. but it also STARTS at $5000 more than the Tc. That's a severely basic model. The one I drove was 27k. TC: best for the $

• SUV