Not your average little car...
By Tim Searson on
2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Being close to 60, I felt odd looking at a car that's the favorite of tweakers. I traded in a 2002 Toyota Solara because I wanted better gas mileage and I'd heard that 2008 was the last for the Solara, so it was out. I wanted a coupe, but the Yaris was too small so I looked at the Scion tC. I was surprised to find there wasn't any haggling about the price - what you see is what you get, but the dealer was very generous on my trade-in. I was amazed at the big interior; even bigger than the Solara. I miss the Solara's leather seats and the cushy interior, but the tC is comfortable and the ride is smooth. And I love the upgraded Pioneer sound system! Wish I'd opted for the navigation system.
Favorite Features
The panoramic roof, the hatchback (I've got 3 dogs), the acceleration, the heavy-duty A/C, the 17" wheels, headlights and taillights, the sound system set on "Feel," the spoiler, the Sizzling Crimson Mica paint job, the lack of chrome, the cruise control, the outside temperature reading, etc.!
Suggested Improvements
Improve gas mileage (20 mi./gal. in town?); the ride is noisy; elec. windows are jerky; offer leather interior, tinted windows, and upgraded A/C controls where you can set the temperature. Also, the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough.