2008 Scion tC Consumer Review: Love this car...with just a fe

2008 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

Love this car...with just a few ideas...
By Larz Hanson on

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My tC provides more of a "sport car" feel than many other "sporty" cars competing against it for market share. Cornering is flat and "planted", giving a great sense of confidence and solid feel. The suspension is properly firm...the way a good sports car should be...but still offers a nice, smooth ride quality. Acceleration can be very strong if you stomp the gas, but then you pay for it next time at the gas station. That may be the biggest thing I'd change if I could help design the next tC update...I think the transmission should include one more gear - a good overdrive to improve gas mileage. The tC is small, while its engine has plenty of torque. An overdrive might give well over 30mpg.

I love the front "face", especially since I bought aftermarket fog lights and grilles that integrate better than factory models. Very pretty car! I really like the panorama roof, hatchback design and the stereo with subwoofer and iPod integration.

An overdrive gear in the transmission. I don't know about the manual, but the automatic runs upwards of 3000rpm on the interstate, about 1000rpm higher than it needs to be considering the tC's small size and powerful engine. Also a dash redesign...it's nice, but a little hard to see in daylight.