2008 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great buy, fun to drive
By Michael on 09/28/07 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for one week now, and have driven 500 miles. My first impression: pros: fun to drive, decent stock handling, fairly quick. So many great standard features, things like 2 sunroofs, cruise control, remote unlock. Very impressive stock stereo. Low price tag. Exterior and interior styling. Roomy. Cons: stock tires don't have amazing performance. That's all I can really think of. Overall: you can't beat the features for the price. It's a great car, fun to drive, looks amazing, roomy, comfortable, well built. I don't really have anything bad to say besides the fact that it doesn't come with great tires.

Well built, well equipped
By ScionTc59 on 09/27/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I compared similar models in the tC's price range (Mazda3, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra) and found this to be the best bang for the buck, very well equipped, and lots of room for modifications. Very smooth and quiet ride, could be a bit roomier as I am tall (6'4") but I fit ok. Looks great and overall fit and finish are excellent! Would highly recommend!

Great Car!!
By rvart06 on 09/20/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for about a week and a half now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I was told by the selling agent at the dealership that the car goes through tires quickly, which is really its only negative aspect. I was told one set of tires will last about 1 mile/15,000 miles. The car handles decently, with satisfying acceleration. The braking is a tad on the weaker side, probably because the car is 3000 lbs. Also, when taking a sharp turn at higher speeds (around a corner for example) there is considerable body roll. But other than these minor things, the car is great!! Great features for the price, fun to drive, great body styling!

Good car
By Tyler on 09/19/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, very good quality for the money. I average 26-29 mpg mixed highway and city driving; if you drive the car like a maniac, your fuel efficiency won't be as good. Interior looks nice, but can tell it's where Toyota performed it's cost-cutting. Sound system is awesome, iPod connectivity is cool (and yes, it does come standard with the port to connect it, contrary to what other people have said). Few rattles here and there, but relatively smooth ride. Could use more HP, but power is very good for 4 cylinder. Head room will definitely be a problem for taller drivers though, but lots of leg room available in back seat. Exterior looks awesome, especially with pedestal spoiler.

Affordable and Fun to Drive
By Mike Nemo on 09/17/07 17:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is definitely more fun to drive than a Mazda3, Mitsubishi Lancer or Eclipse. It handles great on the highway and on back roads. Brakes are excellent. It really turns people's heads when you pass. It is affordable and with so many factory accessories very easy to customize from the initial purchase.

It's worth the money you pay
By DsTC on 09/17/07 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I would recommend this car - for the money that you pay it's the best. It's not something I would try to make fast, it's a four cylinder. It's reliable and has just enough HP to get it done.

Scion's best selling car!
By revinnova on 08/18/07 00:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The new Scion tC is awesome! It seems to be very similar to the previous models with the exception of the taillights, headlights, two more standard side curtain airbags, and iPod connectivity. The Scion tC is really fun to drive. I think it's cool that it comes with so many standard features, such as alloy wheels, sun/moonroof, side indicators, six airbags, and immobiliser.The steering is nice and solid like a race car, and I love the rear hatch. I can fit a whole of stuff in that the rear. One problem with the tC is that it seems to rattle a little more than normal if I drive over old pavement. Other than that it's an awesome car!

I love my car!!
By junebug on 08/15/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is great! No complaints. Got the navigation system and the security system and the extras are worth it for me. The sunroof is cool!

Great car
By wizard2788 on 08/08/07 14:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a pretty good car for an affordable price. Very good looking and decent mileage as well as performance. Comes with lots of great standard features and no need to spend more time/money trying to add features.

I Love My Car!!
By Dezire on 08/06/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

As an owner I say it is a very sporty and classy car with a lot of power and is smooth to drive. I'll recommend this car to anyone!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.