Used 2008 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

New Car Shoo-In
By Sushi

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new car as a graduation present, but I was originally planning on looking at a used 2005 Subaru WRX and 2007 VW GLI, but I decided to stop in at the Toyota dealership on the same strip. I reluctantly test drove the tC, but was really impressed by all the interior features and the price. In the end, I was willing to save a few thousand dollars to get a new rather than used car with a few dozen less horses, but with a lot more interior features, so I bought it the same day as the test drive. Only issue is the stock tires (Yokohama S32's), which are almost $230 each to replace, even though Yokohama has a better performance tire in their own line at a better price.

Factory subwoofer, panoramic roof, overall styling.

Better quality stock tires.

Great Car
By Joyce

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Scion TC is something else! Great car. We aren't your every day sporty people but hey this car works well, looked good and came at the right price. We simply could not say no. We tried the Fit, Versa, mazda 3 and the civic. The civic rated well too but for the money the TC was a great car. The only thing I find is that for older people it may be difficult to get in and out as the car is low set. I find it difficult but my spouse doesn't. But I'd recommend this car anytime. Most people are unaware that the Scion comes with a Camry engine; as the camry has been around a long time, this can only be a good thing. Our Scion came with a lifetime warranty on the engine and tranny!

stereo system, moonroofs

windshield wipers at back

Glad I bought this
By ForTheWifey

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading all these reviews about the Scion tC. I thought it was all a joke and thought it was one person writing reviews over and over again. I test drove one a couple weeks ago and LOVED IT, absolutely loved it. The dual sunroof, quick accel, looks the whole deal. I wanted to keep it, but I bought it for my wife, so I guess I will sneak it out when she sleeps =).

18" wheels, dual sun roof, Appearance, Sound system

Nothing. Wished they stopped making them, so all the Scion's would be rare to see.

good bang for the buck!
By SxRacer108

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, needs a bit more power though. Coming from a Nissan sentra ser spec-v with the 6 speed. This car is a little more sluggish but not bad at all! Decent gas mileage and great radio... And gotta love that price tag =)

radio, moon roofs, reclining back seats!

more power and a 6th gear..

good car
By brett

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

love it how ever it needs more power

great stock stereo system!

car would have been great if Toyota had added VVTL-i the stock 140 whp just isn't enough to make it quick. 210 stock whp would be great!