Used 2008 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

'Deep Scanning' a Transmission Meltdown
By Josh

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything has been very good except for one thing: the automatic 'transmission' on this car is not very dependable. With the car not yet even 2 years, and the transmission is 'kicking forward' while driving at 35-40 mph and when decelerating. Unfortunately, this only one thing happens to be a major component of the vehicle. Difficult to mask my disappointment with Toyota here, and surely will not. Not quite what I bargained for when this vehicle was purchased. It has enjoyed the luxury of oil changes, minor and major services at scheduled intervals and has been taken well care off so I am not sure what to think of this. It only has 42,000 miles. Its going in for a diagnostic tomorrow.

Sunroof, interior, stock sound system, and hip exterior.

Tire price is a bit excessive, mileage still slightly more efficient on a Honda Civic coupe, and a more reliable transmission--what a bummer.

Still Feels New!
By jst4kix

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my tC in October of '07, so almost 2 years ago. I traded in my '00 Ford Focus for this and let's just say it was a huge upgrade! I feel so confident when I drive my tC, especially when it's perfect weather to open the sunroof and go cruising with the iPOD on shuffle. It's always fun to play around a little bit and floor it when the light turns green...great acceleration! You get so much for the reasonable, no-haggle price. Love it!

Controls on the steering wheel, Standard iPOD hook-up, Dual Moonroof

Everything is great as is! No complaints whatsoever :)

Fun economical car
By Jason M

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 1 year and 7 months so far and have had only one issue. The front left brake caliper seized, but was covered under warranty. Other than that oil changes and weekly gas fill-ups and the car runs perfect. Has a lot of leg room in the back seats, but head room may be cramped for anyone over 6'. Audio system sounds great stock, and the build quality is typical Toyota fashion. Great car to own, usually see 28mpg. I would have kept it longer if I didn't want something faster! lol

Decent acceleration, glass roof, audio system, lot's of space with back seats folded down

Suspension is a little "wavy", needs a 6th gear for HWY cruising,

Great ride to have
By xqwerty

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC with a super charger so I didn't think that fuel would be that great but I got 27mpg in the winter and get 31mpg in the summer. I have never had a problem with it, that includes having it start outside in - 27degrees with no problem :) The only problem I have come a cross is the vents are hard to direct and the doors don't have a ding gard (now both of my doors have chipped paint) other than that with a sunroof, mp3 wma and ipod ready(w/ cables) radio & kick'n bass, 2.4L S/C engine, and tons of little fitures and millions of after matket accessories ready for you to customize your tC means to me so much. Oh yea and the price is way too low for me to pass up, IT'S A BUY!!!

Sun roof, mp3 radio / sub, dual auto windows, rear folding / tilt back seats

I would go for the super charger and any suspension upgrades (which give you a better feel for the road)

teener loves her tc
By teener loves her tc

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I think that the gas mileage is great. i purchased the car in november of 2007 and it still feels like i am getting into a brand new car. Although leather seat would be nice, they stain very easily and the material is very hard to get anything out. The lighting inside should be all one color and not blue and orange, but thats not that much of a big deal to me. I have a manual transmission and have driven on the highway many times. I think it should have a 6th gear, it always sounds reved out over 80 mph. The exterior of the car is beautiful but, I would not suggest the color white. It gets very dirty and is hard to keep shiny. but over all I love the TC

The double sun-roof, i-pod hookup, the backseats fold down, first aid kit ( haha) the lights in the cupholder, and also the things i paid extra for including: spoiler, neons, the scion light on the rockerpannel.

deffinatly a 6th gear