Used 2008 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

One great car for the money
By GENE WAFFLE

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle for the money spent. I opted for the automatic for driving around DC and northern VA, shifting is a pain, car has excellent pickup for a four cylinder, good gas mileage ( I average around 30 city/34 on hwy loaded with features, power windows/locks, power sun roof, great stereo sound for stock system, great looking alloy wheels quite decent in snow so far with stock tires (Yokohama S32a) I really love the car, put on spoiler and really looks sharp which seems like no one else in NY does. And this car is not just for young people, I am 42 and I love it

Stereo with subwoofer, great looking alloy wheels, sun roof

Rear wiper

Nice features, POOR quality.
By Kent

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has a ton of great features and is a very nice looking car, but the quality is very very poor. Many squeaks and rattles and the moon roof rattles terribly, the dealership can't fix it, Toyota has no answers for it either--so I gave up, I just live with it. I bought a 2008 Scion tC for myself and a 2009 Scion tC for my wife the same day and her car has the SAME poor workmanship issues. Nice looking little car, nice features, underpowered, but horrid quality. I bought two Toyota's because I heard they were well made--well I now have two, and they are NOT well made. I can't and won't recommend this vehicle.

Many nice features.

QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP!!!! VERY POORLY MADE CARS!!!!

My baby
By Misshapp

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It is fun to drive, great gas mileage and a real head turner. I am an empty nester and this car reminds me of all the fun I used to have driving. I am always up for a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have GPS a back-up camera and a sub woffer. You decide.

Superb Value
By Chris

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great acceleration and fun to drive, but with toyota build quality and reliability. I get a lot of comments from folks admiring the car.

Sound system, interior look and feel, shift pattern, moonroof.

telescoping steering wheel would be great.

I love my car.
By wallflower

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I found this car at an absolute steal. My previous vehicle was a '98 Neon and it doesn't even compare to the Scion. It looks fast, although it's admittedly not suppose to be too fast. I found mine used and fully loaded, and for someone wanting a fun, reliable car-- this has suited me well.

Ipod connection, moon roof/sun roof, Pioneer speakers and CD player.

Goes through first and second rather quickly. Could use a 6th gear.