2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Lexus quality at a Kia price
By mike on 07/11/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the looks,the car attracts a crowd anywhere it's parked.Although it's not a sports car, it's fast enough to be fun to drive.The sun roof is my favorite feature (feature not option). The stereo sounds as good as many aftermarket systems. I know the TC is considered by many a kids car, but I think it is for anyone who wants a fun and reliable car at a good price

Great Buy
By LuvmytC on 07/10/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car out of college and I love it. I've had it for a year now and I feel like it is a luxury car without the luxury price. My friends all love it as much as I do. My old car did get slightly better gas mileage but the tC still does pretty well. The sun/moon room is awesome as is the reclining back seat and the hatch back feature gives me plenty of room in the trunk. It does pretty well in the snow. I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend buying a tC.

Five star car, three star price.
By SATXtC on 07/04/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost two months of ownership, I am definitely glad I got the tC. I used to have a Versa, but it just wasn't the car for me. The tC, though, is. Some people complain about the mileage, but I'm getting mileage comparable to what I got in the Versa. Cornering is a blast, and getting on the highway isn't really a problem. I'm 6' 4", so headroom is a bit tight, but not unbearably so. The ride quality is good for a sport coupe, and the interior is pretty nice; it's well laid out, with all controls easily reachable, and all the gauges are easily read. All in all, for the money, great bang for the buck!

Get a tC now!
By Carlos on 06/30/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to be a VW fanatic but getting into a TC changed the way I look at sport cars. I bought mines used with 18,000 miles. The person that owned the car before must have loved driving it. It came with TRD exhaust and cold air intake. It most certainly changed the feel of the car compared the a stock TC. VERY Sporty, in time this car should catch up like Acura's Integra all it needs is a rear wiper and make it 200 hp stock maybe a 3.2 engine

Great car
By Sandy on 06/13/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a replacement for my 2003 Celica GT and this was the most appealing and fun choice. Great looking car that handles well and is very comfortable on my long daily commute (115 miles, round trip). Not looking forward to driving it in inclement weather because of the tires, though, but hopefully Toyota/Scion will offer options on future models. But no regrets so far. Very fun car to drive at a very affordable price. A lot of car for not a lot of money and a worthy successor to the decades-old favorite, Celica.

I LOVE my tC!!!!
By Jennifer on 06/08/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of '07, and it's now June of '08. Since then I've already put 15,000 miles on it, because no matter where I go, I choose to take my car. It's so fun to drive and not to mention, it's a toyota so it's extremely dependable. I have a manual transmission and for it being a standard it gets pretty good gas mileage (city) and very good gas mileage (highway).

Not your average little car...
By Tim Searson on 05/25/08 22:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Being close to 60, I felt odd looking at a car that's the favorite of tweakers. I traded in a 2002 Toyota Solara because I wanted better gas mileage and I'd heard that 2008 was the last for the Solara, so it was out. I wanted a coupe, but the Yaris was too small so I looked at the Scion tC. I was surprised to find there wasn't any haggling about the price - what you see is what you get, but the dealer was very generous on my trade-in. I was amazed at the big interior; even bigger than the Solara. I miss the Solara's leather seats and the cushy interior, but the tC is comfortable and the ride is smooth. And I love the upgraded Pioneer sound system! Wish I'd opted for the navigation system.

Besides fuel economy a great buy
By orlando on 05/21/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Besides the fuel economy being a little low ex. Honda civic 35 mpg. This car has a nice size engine, great ride, great sound system, and overall a great car

Great Price, Great Value!
By Tony Nguyen on 05/19/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First car to own; one of many cars driven. Value for its price is above outstanding. Looks great, and IS great as the parts are all made with Toyota quality. I drive about 75 miles per day in Houston weather, and do not have much to complain about. The standard tires are a bit below average, (slide during not too aggressive turns). The radio door squeaks (nothing a bit of oil can't fix though). Has projector headlights which is a GREAT plus! The only major problem is the coin/change compartment. DO NOT put pennies or dimes in there! They will fall through the hinge hole and cause the compartment to NOT open up fully anymore! Be caution of this. Otherwise, Great Value Car!

Stylish, sporty, and practical
By shawn on 04/29/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Because of reliability issues, I traded a 2000 VW Jetta for this car and have gotten more horsepower, more fuel economy, and next to no maintenance/reliability hassles. It has the look of an expensive infinity or Lexus sports cars. However, despite how the scion brand encourages owners to customize, there is no choice in interior colors and leather upgrades are very limited to seating only. There is lots of road noise and the ride is very firm, but considering this is probably how most sports cars ride I suppose it adds to the feel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.