Used 2008 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Bestttt Carrr EVER
By Awesomenesss

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first very own car, It is the best choice i have ever made. Picks up speed really fast, very reliable and very fun to drive. I cant imagine anyone not liking this car.

Favorite Features

speed, Speakers, Ipod,

Suggested Improvements

nothing is wrong with it

Excellent Choice
By Fred

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car in 2008 for my daughter. Now going on the third year. Absolutely no problems other than stock tires seem to be wearing a bit. Gas mileage is adequate considering the larger 4cy. For the money this was a wonderful selection. As a bonus, daughter loves the vehicle. I offered to replace it with a 2008 Civic EX-L Coupe but she would not part with the TC. In my mind, that says a lot about the TC. This is one vehicle that Toyota successfully met its target market.

Favorite Features

Overall list of features for a vehicle at this price is great.

Suggested Improvements

Original tires are questionable. Also paint can be scratched easily.

The worst car I have ever owned
By William A.

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although it has a nice interior that is comfortable, the driving experience is ruined by the car catching while shifting. I have had my transmission replaced twice as well as the engine replaced once. This car is under 30,000 miles and only almost a year old! The Toyota dealerships have been terrible about returning phone calls and it has been almost scary to drive. The gears have locked while shifting causing grinding, the car has felt as though it is sliding through corners. I would not recommend this car to anyone! Unless of course they were looking at wasting hours and hours frustrated at their local Toyota dealership. Buyers beware, she looks nice but is really a piece of junk.

Favorite Features

R.S. 4.0 special edition. Alcantera seats, moonroofs, awesome stereo (only redeeming quality).

Suggested Improvements

Take a look at the Transmission and Engine. Especially the motor mounts. Also, maybe Toyota should listen to the concerns of their customers not just leave them high and dry while still expecting a check.

TC with TLC
By Arkie

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about this car. Nothing is PERFECT but for the money I can't imagine anyone not being enthralled with this vehicle. Amazingly FUN to drive. It corners like a go cart. Accelerates like a rocket and stops on a dime. Living in the Ouachita Mountain area of Central Arkansas, I drive it on a very curvy road for over 30 miles round trip twice a week at 80 plus mph and hardly ever have to touch the brakes. At 63 years of age it makes me feel like Mario Andretti at La Mann. The exterior paint is a bit touchy and the original tire tread life is pretty short but other than that I have NO complaints. This is a car for all ages who are young at heart and love to drive!

Favorite Features

I love it's style. It is a GREAT looking car that is not a cookie cutter copy. GREAT Stereo, super handling, terrific mileage and comfortable even on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The paint is easily scratched and the original tires will only be good for 25,000 to 30,000 miles. Other than that, I can't find anytime else to improve. GREAT CAR!

One great car for the money
By GENE WAFFLE

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle for the money spent. I opted for the automatic for driving around DC and northern VA, shifting is a pain, car has excellent pickup for a four cylinder, good gas mileage ( I average around 30 city/34 on hwy loaded with features, power windows/locks, power sun roof, great stereo sound for stock system, great looking alloy wheels quite decent in snow so far with stock tires (Yokohama S32a) I really love the car, put on spoiler and really looks sharp which seems like no one else in NY does. And this car is not just for young people, I am 42 and I love it

Favorite Features

Stereo with subwoofer, great looking alloy wheels, sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper