2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great Car
By Joyce on 02/26/09 03:26 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Scion TC is something else! Great car. We aren't your every day sporty people but hey this car works well, looked good and came at the right price. We simply could not say no. We tried the Fit, Versa, mazda 3 and the civic. The civic rated well too but for the money the TC was a great car. The only thing I find is that for older people it may be difficult to get in and out as the car is low set. I find it difficult but my spouse doesn't. But I'd recommend this car anytime. Most people are unaware that the Scion comes with a Camry engine; as the camry has been around a long time, this can only be a good thing. Our Scion came with a lifetime warranty on the engine and tranny!

Glad I bought this
By ForTheWifey on 02/06/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading all these reviews about the Scion tC. I thought it was all a joke and thought it was one person writing reviews over and over again. I test drove one a couple weeks ago and LOVED IT, absolutely loved it. The dual sunroof, quick accel, looks the whole deal. I wanted to keep it, but I bought it for my wife, so I guess I will sneak it out when she sleeps =).

good bang for the buck!
By SxRacer108 on 12/31/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, needs a bit more power though. Coming from a Nissan sentra ser spec-v with the 6 speed. This car is a little more sluggish but not bad at all! Decent gas mileage and great radio... And gotta love that price tag =)

good car
By brett on 11/19/08 20:11 PM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

love it how ever it needs more power

great car, period
By rachel buckley on 10/31/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just love my 2008 Scion tC. I'm in my 50s but I love the sporty look and the pick up it has. It comfortable to drive yet it still has the sporty feel to it. Every time I drive it I realize it was well worth the price tag which wasn't bad at all. Good choice overall!

Can't beat that
By sportex on 10/27/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After pitching in a few extra bucks for the TRD parts. I'd say it's worth the extra money to upgrade. Acceleration is proportional to the weight of the car. Enough to get up and go but not so much that you cant control the vehicle. This car looks like a $28k vehicle and gets plenty of looks around town. The sound system is very nice for a factory system. You can't beat the reliability on this vehicle. Having said that, the manual transmission seems to feel like it should have one more gear. The fuel economy seems to suffer when driving in traffic. But overall I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sports car without the outrageous MSRP and insurance costs.

Fast/Sprinty car
By Yurimaster on 09/22/08 22:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car as well. I had 2003 Nissan altima 2.5 L engine with 5 speed. Tho the altima is powerful and has good acceleration, my new scion seems to take off quicker and shifts faster. This is do to the lighter weight car and a 2.4 L engine. Most cars with 2.4 L like Camry weigh much more. Car accelerates very quick with out much effort on the accelerator. Smooth clutch and shifting feels firm. Gas miles is about right and all depends on the driver more then any factor and tire pressure. Hold good con curbs and has more sportier feels suspension as to a corolla or standard Camry. Now I really love my car and Toyota makes the most reliable car

An economy car that thinks it's a sport
By Eric on 09/05/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a Mazda3 but the dealer didn't give me enough on my trade in so I went to look at the corolla and I saw the TC and thought it was a 26k car, I had never seen it before or known scion made it, I knew I wanted it right away and bought it the next day. I'm very happy with it but the seats are very uncomfortable, im 6'2. It needs lumbar support. But honestly for 18k you cant get much more with out stealing it.

First New Car
By Ice Penguino on 07/17/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one hell of a car for the price. It offers great performance and is extremely stylish. I traded up from an old Accord and this is a remarkable improvement. This car does so much right that the complaints are extremely minor. I tell everyone I know about how much I enjoy driving this car.

Lexus quality at a Kia price
By mike on 07/11/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the looks,the car attracts a crowd anywhere it's parked.Although it's not a sports car, it's fast enough to be fun to drive.The sun roof is my favorite feature (feature not option). The stereo sounds as good as many aftermarket systems. I know the TC is considered by many a kids car, but I think it is for anyone who wants a fun and reliable car at a good price

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Scion tC in WA is:

$156 per month*