2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
My baby
By Misshapp on 11/06/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It is fun to drive, great gas mileage and a real head turner. I am an empty nester and this car reminds me of all the fun I used to have driving. I am always up for a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superb Value
By Chris on 10/08/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great acceleration and fun to drive, but with toyota build quality and reliability. I get a lot of comments from folks admiring the car.

I love my car.
By wallflower on 09/14/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I found this car at an absolute steal. My previous vehicle was a '98 Neon and it doesn't even compare to the Scion. It looks fast, although it's admittedly not suppose to be too fast. I found mine used and fully loaded, and for someone wanting a fun, reliable car-- this has suited me well.

This is a Joke
By First and Last time on 08/23/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Got this car for my daughter because she liked the style and I knew the car was made by Toyota (I am a toyota man). This car is way over priced. The inside is so cheap. Only 22 mpg. I can not believe that Toyota made this car. I might never buy a toyota again because of this experience.

'Deep Scanning' a Transmission Meltdown
By Josh on 08/11/09 00:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything has been very good except for one thing: the automatic 'transmission' on this car is not very dependable. With the car not yet even 2 years, and the transmission is 'kicking forward' while driving at 35-40 mph and when decelerating. Unfortunately, this only one thing happens to be a major component of the vehicle. Difficult to mask my disappointment with Toyota here, and surely will not. Not quite what I bargained for when this vehicle was purchased. It has enjoyed the luxury of oil changes, minor and major services at scheduled intervals and has been taken well care off so I am not sure what to think of this. It only has 42,000 miles. Its going in for a diagnostic tomorrow.

Still Feels New!
By jst4kix on 07/16/09 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my tC in October of '07, so almost 2 years ago. I traded in my '00 Ford Focus for this and let's just say it was a huge upgrade! I feel so confident when I drive my tC, especially when it's perfect weather to open the sunroof and go cruising with the iPOD on shuffle. It's always fun to play around a little bit and floor it when the light turns green...great acceleration! You get so much for the reasonable, no-haggle price. Love it!

Fun economical car
By Jason M on 06/19/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 1 year and 7 months so far and have had only one issue. The front left brake caliper seized, but was covered under warranty. Other than that oil changes and weekly gas fill-ups and the car runs perfect. Has a lot of leg room in the back seats, but head room may be cramped for anyone over 6'. Audio system sounds great stock, and the build quality is typical Toyota fashion. Great car to own, usually see 28mpg. I would have kept it longer if I didn't want something faster! lol

Great ride to have
By xqwerty on 05/20/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC with a super charger so I didn't think that fuel would be that great but I got 27mpg in the winter and get 31mpg in the summer. I have never had a problem with it, that includes having it start outside in - 27degrees with no problem :) The only problem I have come a cross is the vents are hard to direct and the doors don't have a ding gard (now both of my doors have chipped paint) other than that with a sunroof, mp3 wma and ipod ready(w/ cables) radio & kick'n bass, 2.4L S/C engine, and tons of little fitures and millions of after matket accessories ready for you to customize your tC means to me so much. Oh yea and the price is way too low for me to pass up, IT'S A BUY!!!

teener loves her tc
By teener loves her tc on 03/25/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I think that the gas mileage is great. i purchased the car in november of 2007 and it still feels like i am getting into a brand new car. Although leather seat would be nice, they stain very easily and the material is very hard to get anything out. The lighting inside should be all one color and not blue and orange, but thats not that much of a big deal to me. I have a manual transmission and have driven on the highway many times. I think it should have a 6th gear, it always sounds reved out over 80 mph. The exterior of the car is beautiful but, I would not suggest the color white. It gets very dirty and is hard to keep shiny. but over all I love the TC

New Car Shoo-In
By Sushi on 03/15/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new car as a graduation present, but I was originally planning on looking at a used 2005 Subaru WRX and 2007 VW GLI, but I decided to stop in at the Toyota dealership on the same strip. I reluctantly test drove the tC, but was really impressed by all the interior features and the price. In the end, I was willing to save a few thousand dollars to get a new rather than used car with a few dozen less horses, but with a lot more interior features, so I bought it the same day as the test drive. Only issue is the stock tires (Yokohama S32's), which are almost $230 each to replace, even though Yokohama has a better performance tire in their own line at a better price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.