2008 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
The worst car I have ever owned
By William A. on 03/02/10 05:22 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although it has a nice interior that is comfortable, the driving experience is ruined by the car catching while shifting. I have had my transmission replaced twice as well as the engine replaced once. This car is under 30,000 miles and only almost a year old! The Toyota dealerships have been terrible about returning phone calls and it has been almost scary to drive. The gears have locked while shifting causing grinding, the car has felt as though it is sliding through corners. I would not recommend this car to anyone! Unless of course they were looking at wasting hours and hours frustrated at their local Toyota dealership. Buyers beware, she looks nice but is really a piece of junk.

I love my car.
By wallflower on 09/14/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I found this car at an absolute steal. My previous vehicle was a '98 Neon and it doesn't even compare to the Scion. It looks fast, although it's admittedly not suppose to be too fast. I found mine used and fully loaded, and for someone wanting a fun, reliable car-- this has suited me well.

Great car
By alanegr on 04/27/08 23:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car at the beginning of November last year and I am very pleased with it. This car is fun to drive and very economical on gas especially for a young people. We like to spend our money in something else besides gas

One Awesome Car!!
By 50tito50 on 10/15/07 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just wanted to say that I just love my 2008 Toyota Scion tC! It's just what I needed! With the capability to upgrade whenever money is in the bank and with tons of parts to choose from I know that I would never be completely satisfied until I deck mine out 120%!!! Thank you Toyota for putting out such a nice vehicle that people like me can be proud of!

It's a well built car, original, smooth.
By Dtc on 07/20/07 23:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's worth every penny, custom it out the way you want. It's designed by Lexus so you know you're getting quality. I get about 22 mpg and I have a 6.5 mile drive to work. I think they could have designed the seats better but that can be fixed with custom leather. But I would have lowered it a little more from the factory. Overall I feel that I made a good decision buying this car. The car is much quieter than I thought but the toyoguard package was well worth the money. Toyota has quality products period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.