Used 2008 Scion tC Spec Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

The worst car I have ever owned
By William A.

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although it has a nice interior that is comfortable, the driving experience is ruined by the car catching while shifting. I have had my transmission replaced twice as well as the engine replaced once. This car is under 30,000 miles and only almost a year old! The Toyota dealerships have been terrible about returning phone calls and it has been almost scary to drive. The gears have locked while shifting causing grinding, the car has felt as though it is sliding through corners. I would not recommend this car to anyone! Unless of course they were looking at wasting hours and hours frustrated at their local Toyota dealership. Buyers beware, she looks nice but is really a piece of junk.

R.S. 4.0 special edition. Alcantera seats, moonroofs, awesome stereo (only redeeming quality).

Take a look at the Transmission and Engine. Especially the motor mounts. Also, maybe Toyota should listen to the concerns of their customers not just leave them high and dry while still expecting a check.

I love my car.
By wallflower

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I found this car at an absolute steal. My previous vehicle was a '98 Neon and it doesn't even compare to the Scion. It looks fast, although it's admittedly not suppose to be too fast. I found mine used and fully loaded, and for someone wanting a fun, reliable car-- this has suited me well.

Ipod connection, moon roof/sun roof, Pioneer speakers and CD player.

Goes through first and second rather quickly. Could use a 6th gear.

Great car
By alanegr

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car at the beginning of November last year and I am very pleased with it. This car is fun to drive and very economical on gas especially for a young people. We like to spend our money in something else besides gas

my favorite feature is the controls on the staring wheel and also that the radio is compatible with mp3 and Ipod

Well I would also suggest the brakes they seems like they don't want to stop when you go more that 40 in a road that is not even

One Awesome Car!!
By 50tito50

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just wanted to say that I just love my 2008 Toyota Scion tC! It's just what I needed! With the capability to upgrade whenever money is in the bank and with tons of parts to choose from I know that I would never be completely satisfied until I deck mine out 120%!!! Thank you Toyota for putting out such a nice vehicle that people like me can be proud of!

I love the quickness and pride that I get out of my tC. And the fact that I can customize whenever I want to is just awesome to able to just save up money and then blow it on a car that has such great quality as my tC!

Maybe come stock with more horsepower (perhaps 200hp?) and have the supercharger knock it up another 40-50 horses. (That would be worth the money I believe.)

It's a well built car, original, smooth.
By Dtc

2008 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's worth every penny, custom it out the way you want. It's designed by Lexus so you know you're getting quality. I get about 22 mpg and I have a 6.5 mile drive to work. I think they could have designed the seats better but that can be fixed with custom leather. But I would have lowered it a little more from the factory. Overall I feel that I made a good decision buying this car. The car is much quieter than I thought but the toyoguard package was well worth the money. Toyota has quality products period.

The upgraded audio, Pioneer, the sunroof/ moonroof, the outside design, and the MPG.

More room, seat styling, lower to the ground.