Used 2008 Scion tC Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great Car
By A.M.

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used with 17k miles on it in February of 2010. It now has close to 40k and has been great! Excellent performance for a 4 cylinder engine. The car actually has some torque so its not necessary to downshift every time you come across a hill. The transmission is a little clunky, and it would be nice to have a 6th gear for extended periods on the highway, but its not enough to take away from the car. Stock tires were junk, but still had a little tread left @ 35k. Good sound system for a factory stereo, and its nice that its ipod compatible. Overall its been a great car!!

Favorite Features

Radio, fun to drive, looks good, super easy to maintain/work on.

Suggested Improvements

The stock tires could be better, paint isn't the most durable in the world. Other than that nothing!

Scion Tc's need rear windshield wiper
By Steve

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car..Nothing but routine maintenance for my Tc. No problems what so ever after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Will probably buy a new battery for her. The only thing that scion forgot to put on these cars was a rear window wiper/sprayer assembly. Other than that, ,everything has been great. I would not mind having a 6th gear on this manual transmission. And scion, ,please put a short throw shifter in during assembly, ,with a shorter height to shift lever also. No need for a truck like shifter in a sporty car as the tc. That is why I lowered mine. Great car and will buy again when that time comes.

Favorite Features

ALL

Suggested Improvements

Rear window wiper/washer assembly or an aftermarket one if a company would make one for it, I would and a lot of others would purchase one.

Great bang for the buck
By Mouse

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 is the second brand new Scion tC that I have purchased. It is a well built vehicle with the Toyota quality. After almost 100,000 trouble free miles on my first one I decided to purchase another brand new one. The 2008 tC was planned to be a performance modified race & show car, of which it is now. Being a mechanic the tC has been one of the easiest vehicles I have ever worked on and maintained. I have seen countless testimonies of owners getting 100-200K and higher miles on the tC with virtually no issues outside of normal maintenance. While no vehicle is perfect, I definitely would say that you get a lot of car and quality for the price.

Favorite Features

engine bay layout, upgraded factory Pioneer system with underfloor sub-woofer, interior room I'm 6 foot and have plenty of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

not many on my list, but a rear wiper system for the large rear hatch window would be nice, and better quality in the exterior paint. It does tend to chip more easily than I think it should.

My baby
By Misshapp

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It is fun to drive, great gas mileage and a real head turner. I am an empty nester and this car reminds me of all the fun I used to have driving. I am always up for a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I have GPS a back-up camera and a sub woffer. You decide.

Superb Value
By Chris

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great acceleration and fun to drive, but with toyota build quality and reliability. I get a lot of comments from folks admiring the car.

Favorite Features

Sound system, interior look and feel, shift pattern, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

telescoping steering wheel would be great.