2008 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great Car
By A.M. on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used with 17k miles on it in February of 2010. It now has close to 40k and has been great! Excellent performance for a 4 cylinder engine. The car actually has some torque so its not necessary to downshift every time you come across a hill. The transmission is a little clunky, and it would be nice to have a 6th gear for extended periods on the highway, but its not enough to take away from the car. Stock tires were junk, but still had a little tread left @ 35k. Good sound system for a factory stereo, and its nice that its ipod compatible. Overall its been a great car!!

Scion Tc's need rear windshield wiper
By Steve on 08/05/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car..Nothing but routine maintenance for my Tc. No problems what so ever after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Will probably buy a new battery for her. The only thing that scion forgot to put on these cars was a rear window wiper/sprayer assembly. Other than that, ,everything has been great. I would not mind having a 6th gear on this manual transmission. And scion, ,please put a short throw shifter in during assembly, ,with a shorter height to shift lever also. No need for a truck like shifter in a sporty car as the tc. That is why I lowered mine. Great car and will buy again when that time comes.

Great bang for the buck
By Mouse on 05/25/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 is the second brand new Scion tC that I have purchased. It is a well built vehicle with the Toyota quality. After almost 100,000 trouble free miles on my first one I decided to purchase another brand new one. The 2008 tC was planned to be a performance modified race & show car, of which it is now. Being a mechanic the tC has been one of the easiest vehicles I have ever worked on and maintained. I have seen countless testimonies of owners getting 100-200K and higher miles on the tC with virtually no issues outside of normal maintenance. While no vehicle is perfect, I definitely would say that you get a lot of car and quality for the price.

My baby
By Misshapp on 11/06/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It is fun to drive, great gas mileage and a real head turner. I am an empty nester and this car reminds me of all the fun I used to have driving. I am always up for a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superb Value
By Chris on 10/08/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great acceleration and fun to drive, but with toyota build quality and reliability. I get a lot of comments from folks admiring the car.

Fun economical car
By Jason M on 06/19/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 1 year and 7 months so far and have had only one issue. The front left brake caliper seized, but was covered under warranty. Other than that oil changes and weekly gas fill-ups and the car runs perfect. Has a lot of leg room in the back seats, but head room may be cramped for anyone over 6'. Audio system sounds great stock, and the build quality is typical Toyota fashion. Great car to own, usually see 28mpg. I would have kept it longer if I didn't want something faster! lol

teener loves her tc
By teener loves her tc on 03/25/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I think that the gas mileage is great. i purchased the car in november of 2007 and it still feels like i am getting into a brand new car. Although leather seat would be nice, they stain very easily and the material is very hard to get anything out. The lighting inside should be all one color and not blue and orange, but thats not that much of a big deal to me. I have a manual transmission and have driven on the highway many times. I think it should have a 6th gear, it always sounds reved out over 80 mph. The exterior of the car is beautiful but, I would not suggest the color white. It gets very dirty and is hard to keep shiny. but over all I love the TC

Great Car
By Joyce on 02/26/09 03:26 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Scion TC is something else! Great car. We aren't your every day sporty people but hey this car works well, looked good and came at the right price. We simply could not say no. We tried the Fit, Versa, mazda 3 and the civic. The civic rated well too but for the money the TC was a great car. The only thing I find is that for older people it may be difficult to get in and out as the car is low set. I find it difficult but my spouse doesn't. But I'd recommend this car anytime. Most people are unaware that the Scion comes with a Camry engine; as the camry has been around a long time, this can only be a good thing. Our Scion came with a lifetime warranty on the engine and tranny!

good bang for the buck!
By SxRacer108 on 12/31/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, needs a bit more power though. Coming from a Nissan sentra ser spec-v with the 6 speed. This car is a little more sluggish but not bad at all! Decent gas mileage and great radio... And gotta love that price tag =)

good car
By brett on 11/19/08 20:11 PM (PST)

2008 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

love it how ever it needs more power

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.