Too Many Visits to the Service Shop...
By toyota_luva on
2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
When I bought this car, I was thinking, cool, I don't have to worry about taking any trips to the shop, because I'm quite busy. Yeah right, this car saw the shop more in its three months life than my Acura Integra did in its 11 year lifetime! Rattle this, rattle that, clutch disengaging when cold, bad engineering on the glass wind deflector/sunroof. It's like sitting under an exquisite chandelier during an earthquake. It's beautiful to look at, but deadly when things goes wrong. The coolest thing about this is, Toyota isn't really doing anything to fix it. I have an '07 tC and still had a hail of shattered glass fall into the cabin. Other than that, it's a decent car with OK gas mileage
Favorite Features
The good styling in the exterior and interior. The power and torque of the engine are the best for its price. This car is comfortable, if you ignore all of the rattles.
Suggested Improvements
Metal, carbonfiber wind deflector? Something that won't shatter because I parked under an acorn tree. It should have better quality control and better gas mileage?