2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugl

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By J on

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a middle aged woman who fell in love w/the tC after an extensive amount of research. For the price, you can't beat it. 36,000 highway miles on mine. I just totaled it--dry roads, moderate speed. Impossible to correct and crumpled like a plastic cup. Hatchback shattered after impact. I was unhurt, but very surprised at how poorly it handled under a diverse situation that could have been corrected easily in my old Nissan. I came out w/compression fx but it could have been worse, especially if it had rolled. Next car will not be a tC.

Sporty and sleek look; cost; sunroof; ease of folding back seats down; spacious for its size--have hauled everything from hay bales to walkers to wheelchairs w/ease.

Poor quality paint job; interior plastic molding on hatchback started falling off after only 4 months; less than expected gas mileage (I drive only highway); could have better head room and front drivers seat could go back further for long legged sons.