2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: Out of the Wrapper a BEST BUY!

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

Out of the Wrapper a BEST BUY!
By joeyalphabet on

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In true light of the topic, this car drives very well. Out of the wrapper this is hands down the best bang for the buck. I own a 5spd tC for 1 year and18k miles, and I find the acceleration is adequate, handling is nimble, top end is good. Brakes are adequate though I occasionally wish there was NO fade. Fuel economy ranges from 22-30+ depending on how “spirited” you drive. I notice a slight difference with the 92 octane gas (here in NY) but at $3.30+ a gal save the money and go regular (89 octane). The seats accommodate you well, though on long (4hr+) trips I can appreciate more comfort. I often travel alone, but with one passenger, two if you include my 100 lb. German Shepherd.

Glass roof, good stereo fun to drive, price. The tC pulls 0.81g on the skidpad, halts from 70’-0 in just 179 ft and moves you 0 to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds! You’re going to have to spend $5000 more to top all these numbers. With the tC's modest price it lends itself to tuner enhancements.

Needs better body integrity and paint. A 6spd would really make her more rounded. The weight distribution is likely to throw off the over-confident new driver.