2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: Not perfect, but good for the

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

Not perfect, but good for the price
By Sean on

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My tC is apparently one of many that I have heard have a squeak in the dash right off the showroom floor. It comes and goes depending on road conditions but for a new car is very annoying and concerns me about the build quality comparing this, my first Toyota, to other cars I have owned. The gas mileage is also a little disappointing given that the car is a small 4-cyl. coupe. The car is wonderfully fun to drive and very comfortable over distances. I have a 100 mile a day commute and other than the squeaking love this car. The dealer would probably fix it no problem but they only do this type of work M-F and I do not live near the town I bought it in and would have to take off the day.

The built in iPod radio. Panoramic roof. Very upscale feel and feature list for a relatively inexpensive car. I also like the ultra smooth drive train.

It could just be my car and a few others, but given Toyota's reputation the quality does not seem up to what I expected in respect to fit and finish only, materials are quite nice.