Get the Shifter!
By Nick on
2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have put only 300 miles on the car, but I love it. I drove it for two days with stock shifter and then had a short throw installed. It was the best money I ever spent, it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend this as an upgrade. Also, the strut bar has really stiffened up the front end. The accelerator is touchy and the hydraulic clutch takes a little getting used to. I still haven't mastered it yet. For the money, you cannot beat this car. But I truly think it is for someone who wants a inexpensive sporty car, not a touring vehicle. For those of you who are interested, 75mph = 3,500 RPM so don't be surprised on the freeway when there is probably a little more engine noise then you are used to.
Favorite Features
It has a four-cylinder engine that has enough torque to pull you off the line nicely. The short throw shifter is great for quick shifts. It has excellent braking and cornering. The auto-up and auto-down windows on both sides is an amazing feature.
Suggested Improvements
Give it a sixth gear, little more headroom for us tall people, and not much else at this point.