Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Rattles and Rattles but Good Reliability
By Tib

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a poorly made car but reliable as all can be. After the first month my radio door started squeaking. The first day that it was below 25 degrees you could hear what sounds to be a bolt snapping against the windshield...3 warranty claims later and still does it. The drivers mirror vibrated like you wouldn't believe so that was replaced under warranty. The trunk rattles so much it will make you go mad. The gears are too small, with a different 5th gear this car would easily get 40+mpg. At 70mph in fifth I'm at 3700rpm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone with my experience without corrections to these areas.

The look, steering wheel radio controls and the sportiness.

Refine the assembly to prevent rattles in the hatch, sunroof and windshield area. Replace the radio door with a unit that doesn't squeak and make a seat that is better adjusted for taller people. Sloppy gear movement and put in a overdrive to get 40 mpg.

Loaded tC
By CAROLINAJACK

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased tc in may 2007. It is the release series 3.0 #737 of 2500 produced.$21,000.00 price tag. All options, except for the standard 5- speed manual trans. Added trd lowering springs, short throw shifter, anti-sway bars, strut brace, exhaust for additional $2000.00. Now my $23,000.00 investment feels like 30 grand. If there is something you don't like, just adjust to your application.

TRD

6-speed manual tans.

bad power steering
By dim

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The power steering pump went bad after two months of using that car. Now have jumping RPM problem.

My Tc
By Anna27

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion Tc in March 2007. I had read reviews on this website about the paint quality, which has proven to be true. I have some scratches on my car that I think wouldn't have shown up as well on my old car. Now that I have that said, I LOVE love love my car. I have not had a single problem with this car in the over year and half I have had it. It drives perfectly. I haven't had to replace a single thing. I realize this isn't a luxury car, but as far as an economical choice, I couldn't recommend a better deal. The backseat area is great. The car drives with expected speed and great agility. Overall-For the price bracket it falls into, an awesome deal-wouldn't replace it ever.

Interior Space, Exterior Look, Radio Functions, Turning Radius, Dependability.

Better paint, Driver's seat could afford to move back some.

The good & the bad
By courtney

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

People who have only had this car for 2 months should not be writing reviews. I've had my tC for two years and I have never heard more rattles in my whole life. This car is VERY reliable, but the amount of road noise and all of the rattles are forcing me to sell it. Goodbye SCION hello G35!

Sunroof

Fix the rattles and all of the road noise.