2007 Scion tC Spec Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 tC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Sort Reviews by

the tC rocks!!!
By rC-tC

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car ever since I saw the concept back in 2003. The styling was what caught my eye. I had wanted one ever since they came out, me and my babe went to test drive them and I knew I had to get one, so funny cause we test drove the tC cause of me, and my baby beat me to it and bought it before me, I bought mine a month later. This car surpassed by far all my expectations, everything about the car is great, the styling, the standard features, the comfort, the quality of the ride and the crafting and materials, and the economy, all around the tC is a winner!!! if you want to have a good sporty experience go for the 5 spd manual.

Favorite Features

The panoramic moonroof, the audio controls on the steering wheel, the iPod conectivity, the auto up and down on the power windows, reclining back seats, back seat room (HUGE), the SSP, customizable greeting message on the stereo, A/C controls, and the button to open the trunk from outside :-)

Suggested Improvements

I would have loved if the cluster lights and the a/c control and all the dashboard lights changed colors as well as the stereo.

Cool Car
By tim

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new tC, it looks good on the outside as well as the inside, it runs good, and you can add a lot of cool features to customize it to your liking.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and interior lighting.

Suggested Improvements

M?ore power.

More Bang for Buck
By Andree T

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car at a steal of a price. Handling is great; can take sharp turns quite well at higher speeds. Gas mileage is good; I get 28 (combined) while owning a cold air intake. Comes standard with cruise control, alloy wheels, sunroof, audio controls in steering wheel, automatic power windows on both sides, outside temperature gauge, ABS, keyless entry for automatic. If you enjoy attention for strangers this is the car to own; I always get looks from all types of people.

Favorite Features

The tC is very easy to customize in performance, audio, and body style. Audio controls in steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better quality paint - paint chips and scratches quite easily.

Good Car To Buy!!
By osidedrums85

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and it is amazing! It drives really nice, it looks cool and it is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The dual moonroof, the alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more trunk space.

Great Car So Far
By Donald Henson

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car Febuary 8, 2007 and as of today no problems, it is very fun to drive, easy to clean, and really comfortable. If you are thinking about purchasing one then test drive it and do it. They really are perfect cars for kids, I am 19 and financed it all on my own, with $2000 down and a credit score of 720. The payments are actually very cheap. Also has a great warranty, so far I love my tC.

Favorite Features

The double sunroof, hatchback, power up/down windows, Flint Mica paint, standard 17" rims.

Suggested Improvements

Have ones at the dealer with the supercharger installed. Take the spec version off the production line, it does bad for the car.

You get what you paid for
By Brakefade

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great for the price. If you're buying it to throw a bunch of money into mods however, I would suggest you move up to the Civic Si. The tC has two fundamental flaws that enthusiasts will have to spend a lot of money to overcome. One is the lack of an LSD, and the other is the glass roof. The glass roof makes the car heavy at a place you want a car to be as light as possible. If you're looking for an affordable, good looking, reliable, daily driver with a hint of sportiness, this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Torquey engine.

Suggested Improvements

Factory installed LSD. Throttle has a lot of free play for my taste. It also seems to have some sort of electronic lag. The gear ratios are a bit on the short side. A 6 gear transmission would've been great. The seats could be more supportive. After a long drive you will be really tired.

Good one for the money
By Joe

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

One of the best cars for the price. I didn't expect a car like this for under 20k. I've been driving this car for 6 months. Extremely reliable and even my father who owns 2003 BMW, was amazed with overall performance and handling. Even at speed of 125 mph, car doesn't have any vibration. 4 cyl camry engine beats 07 Civic ex at drag strip. A good car on the snow also. The car doesn't want to spin 360 easily even though E-brake was engaged. This car should've priced around $22,000. I like the way its steering wheel gets heavy on high speed cornering. Good 4th gear acceleration on high speed.

Favorite Features

Glass roof, 17 in rims, 4wheel ABS, BFD brakes, style, lots of available modification, reliable, feels secure and safe for under 20k cars. TRD parts.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could have little more power. High-priced TRD Supercharger. No TRD Turbo, only 4 speed for auto, needs more gears. Expensive TRD parts. Rpm revs up to 3200 @ 80mph (5 speed should be helpful). Gear needs main improvement! MORE GEARS!

RealDeal
By ExcellentOne

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the tC to commute to work in. I thought it would make the otherwise boring drive fun and something to look forward to. I was right. My favorite features are the sunroof, including its shade, the manual trans and the stereo. The car handles well and gets a lot of attention. My commute is 50 miles each way and I always get at least 30 mpg. It is a mix of country roads, boulevard stop and go, and freeway. On the highway I get 32-36, depending on my level of enthusiasm. I've had no problems after 14K miles and wouldn't change anything about this car. This is my 3rd Toyota. I suppose because it is under priced, it is compared to lesser cars. Fair enough. It's good no matter what.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, hatch, stereo, manual trans, interior design, steering wheel design, acceleration, engine sounds, comfort, etc.

Suggested Improvements

None. At this price you're pushin' it to ask for more.

tBs' 2007 Scion tC
By tBs 2007 Scion tC

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm absolutely in love with the 2007 Scion tC. I traded my Civic in for it after i thought that I would keep that car forever. The tC is a different looking ride, more different and better looking than any Civic! Once driving the tC it blew away any other car I test drove. It is so much car for the money. It combines Toyota's reliability with a Lexus-like style, I have already lowered my tC it will just get better and better as I modify it over time!

Favorite Features

The best feature would have to be the the dual panel roof, steering wheel audio control, turn signal mirrors, and auto up/down windows! and on and on and on!

Suggested Improvements

All of the gauges should change colors instead of just the stereo!

Not the Target Market, but Enjoying It
By Dana & Rachael

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion tC is a very well equipped car for the cost. It is not a sports car, but it is fairly sporty. It also is not a fuel economy champion, but it is better than many. It's a versatile, fun coupe for a couple who have grown kids, but still want something other than a plain vanilla sedan.

Favorite Features

The adjustable (i.e. lowering lever) for the driver, the glass top, and the 2.4L engine.

Suggested Improvements

A rear window wiper/washer.