Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

The good & the bad
By courtney

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

People who have only had this car for 2 months should not be writing reviews. I've had my tC for two years and I have never heard more rattles in my whole life. This car is VERY reliable, but the amount of road noise and all of the rattles are forcing me to sell it. Goodbye SCION hello G35!

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rattles and all of the road noise.

Defects
By lynn

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The driver's seat within a year of owning my car, when pushing forward to clean and get into the backseat, the seat will not stay in the forward position, it will roll back on you. But the other seat will stay forward. Has anyone else had this problem with the seat ?

Favorite Features

The radio controls

Suggested Improvements

Fix the drivers seat, so it will stay in the front position while trying to get in the backseat.

2007 Scion tC
By 07TStC

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, Scion tC is worth every single dollar. What I love the most about this car is its exterior design, very sporty and handles good. I have spent less than $2000 in performance upgrades, and this car is a champion, compared to others in its class. the only downfall i could find on the tC is its cheap paint job, the paint chips really easily. Also the 2.4 engine that only performs 160 HP stock. The Civic Si performs 197 HP with its 2.0 liter engine, I would have expected more than 16 0HP for a 2.4 liter engine. Other than that this car rocks!

Favorite Features

Body style Handling Interior design Wheels

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower Better paint job

Fun Little Car
By Lynn K

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my TC in April 2007 when I went to the Toyota Dealership to test drive a Toyota Matrix. My Girlfriend spotted the TC and told me I should take a look. I decided to test drive it, and I was glad did. It has a smooth ride, pick up and passing power is decent and is very sporty with standard features that you would pay extra for in other cars. Overall I like it a lot.

Favorite Features

Double Sunroof, Radio Controls in the steering wheel area, full fold down rear seats for plenty of room for anything!

Suggested Improvements

Rear window wiper, higher gas economy, and stronger sunroof covers.

Great for the Price
By Narso

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice little car for the price. It's got pretty good handling and a very sweet engine. The cornering isn't as flat as I'd like, but the steering is pretty sharp, especially after I got rid of the original tires. As is, it's pretty tossable, but I'm probably going to get an aftermarket rear sway bar to help flatten things out. I love the flexibility, if not the total horsepower, of the engine. It's smooth, torquey and quiet. Exactly what I've come to expect from Toyota. The transmission has good ratios, but could be smoother. 6 speeds would be nice. I really like the styling both outside and inside. It looks like it costs much more than it actually does.

Favorite Features

Great engine, nice looks and expensive- looking interior. The Mp3 cd player is a real plus. It doesn't feel like the economy coupe that it is. You don't have to suffer to save money.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter suspension, could use flatter cornering and possibly tighter springs/shocks. More supportive front seats with an infinitely adjustable reclining mechanism would be ideal. I'd like more trunk room with the rear seats up, also.