Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Most Helpful|
Not Much Fun
By Dan

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really want to like this car, but I can't help feeling I made a horrible decision here. There's nothing actually WRONG with this car, it's just that after a few months driving it, I've realized that I've just bought a pretty standard economy car, the number one issue being that it's no fun to drive at all. It has good power for such a cheap car, but unfortunately it's suspension is way too soft, it leans too much in corners, and it's isolated from the road like a sedan, instead of a sports coupe. I like to hear some noise and feel some bumps, and I like hard solid suspension so I feel confident in corners. Put the Mazda3's suspension on this car and it'd be perfect for the price.

Favorite Features

There is a really nice shine in the bodywork, it's still nice after six months. The short-shifter add-on that I chose isn't bad. It has a nice enough interior (the main thing that makes you forget the car's price). The MP3 stereo is nice - but pretty much standard in all similar cars now anyway. It has very nice standard 17" wheels and tires.

Suggested Improvements

Give it more power (GM is getting almost 180hp from a 2.4L now). It should also have a harder suspension and less body-roll. The clutch feel needs improvement. The accelerator pedal has annoying dead spot that desperately needs fixing. Make the car fun to drive! Looking at the rest of the current Toyota range I should have known better

You get what you paid for
By Brakefade

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great for the price. If you're buying it to throw a bunch of money into mods however, I would suggest you move up to the Civic Si. The tC has two fundamental flaws that enthusiasts will have to spend a lot of money to overcome. One is the lack of an LSD, and the other is the glass roof. The glass roof makes the car heavy at a place you want a car to be as light as possible. If you're looking for an affordable, good looking, reliable, daily driver with a hint of sportiness, this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Torquey engine.

Suggested Improvements

Factory installed LSD. Throttle has a lot of free play for my taste. It also seems to have some sort of electronic lag. The gear ratios are a bit on the short side. A 6 gear transmission would've been great. The seats could be more supportive. After a long drive you will be really tired.

not worth the money
By jason vain

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY A SCION. I have a 2007 scion 3.0 with the third supercharger and let me say it is a piece of junk and dealing with scion themselves is horrible that is why the saying "you get what you pay for" is soooooo tru. I paid $4500 for a s.c.that give you only 40 more h.p. and everything in the car just falls apart and when you tell scion what goes wrong they just point at you and laugh. So word of advice. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!! TRUST ME>>>

Favorite Features

looks beautiful and its fun at first until it starts making a bunch of noises. Such as wind noises because of the poor quality of the seals in the glass.

Suggested Improvements

Everything, better quality parts make a solid top for the car not all of that cheep glass. way to many problems.

Don't Buy It
By Bob

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most boring car I've ever driven. Bad: It has huge body-roll in the corners, generally bad handling, a soft suspension, it feels disconnected from the road, has a bad clutch, and the red-line is too low. Good: It has nice wheels/tires and decent power for the price. The optional TYC taillights save the car from looking like every other econobox.

Favorite Features

The wheels and TYC taillights.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the glass roof gimmick, to lower the center of gravity, and reduce body roll. Harden the suspension. Lighten the car by 200 lbs. Allow the driver's seat to go lower by about 3-4 inches.

Value Package
By Eric Yabumoto

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 22 years old and straight out of college looking for a reliable way of getting around town. It came down to the Mazda3, Civic Si, or the Scion tC. The overriding factor came down to the overall package that the car gave me. The Mazda3 was asking for over $23,000 (OTD) with all the features I wanted and I couldn't stretch my bank account that far even though I know it was a solid car. The Civic Si has superior handling, performance, and interior design over the Scion tC but like the Mazda, was asking for a tad more than I wanted to pay ($22,000 OTD). I compromised with the tC paying just under $20,000 because of the value package being my overriding factor in purchasing the car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature(s) would be the ability to upgrade with relative ease because of the open engine compartment underneath the hood.

Suggested Improvements

The improvement I'm suggesting might be a little over the top but coming in at over 3,300 lbs, this car can feel sluggish and heavy at times which isn't necesarily a bad thing in an event of an accident. A lighter car would improve handling and performance overall.