2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Fun and refined with few compromises
By Val on 06/26/07 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard to beat for under 20K. Really, name something as loaded, refined and reliable (as Toyota) for the same price. So far, loving it: put a nav system into the double din - the cover is awesome, less tempting for thieves! Solid as a vault, decent handling, moderate power from 4cyl, averaging around 27 mpg on combination of spirited city driving and 90 mph+ highway cruising.

An alternative review
By Scion Owner on 06/24/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 2,500 miles into my 2007 Scion tC and I can say I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Most reviews tell you how great the car is, and for the most part, they are true. It's a pleasure to drive and looks great. Not to be negative, I just want to take my chance to inform readers of the flip side. Don't get me wrong, I love 95% of the car, but to offer more insight to prospective buyers, here are the things that irk me: the sunroof cover is cheap. It is made of flimsy canvas and mine broke and came off the track the 2nd/3rd time I used it! Black interior shows every little speck, nearly impossible to keep looking clean. A/C vents aren't placed well, it's hard to get air to blow right on you.

The Best Car To Buy
By Play Boy69 on 06/21/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion tC is not only a good looking car but it is very fuel efficient and also low in cost so it's perfect for everyone.

Great car!
By Jarman on 06/14/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems so far with my tC. I am currently averaging 27.5 MPG which is great since I drive a mix between highway and city. The car rides very smooth, and gets going really quick. The look is classy yet sporty. Lots of room in the back for people and storage. Headroom for rear passengers is the only problem I could say.

My Scion experience
By ScionIsLife on 06/12/07 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is exceptional in corners, and the feel of the road you get in the wheel is exciting. The inner design of the vehicle when you look out immerses you in its whole driving experience. Though I'm usually distracted with all the buttons and plentiful doo-dads, sometimes I do realize that I am driving, and possibly should stop playing around with it. The car is so much fun to drive, what I described to you is a day-to-day occurance. I don't think I could have picked a more tailored-fit car to my needs and get more than I expected for a very fair price.

tC is the best bang for your buck
By Matt on 06/04/07 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my tC and love it. I've read some reviews of people that don't like the way it handles, but I think the suspension, steering, and brakes are top notch for a car at this price. I love how it looks, sounds, drives, and feels. It's aggressive but not overly. Has tons of potential for upgrades, I wouldn't buy anything else for this price. Best looks, best standard features, Toyota quality, 2.4L Camry engine, 4 wheel disk brakes, great stereo options, I could go on and on!

I love my Scion tC
By Julie Stringham on 06/01/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I compared several other cars before deciding on this one. None would give me the initial "umph" on takeoff I like (within my price range and MPG I need) except the Scion tC. It doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles, and it would be nice if it gave me more mpg, but I love driving this fun car and it didn't break the bank.

Highly Recommended!
By ME on 05/29/07 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It was between the Civic and the tC, and in performance on the road, let me tell you this guy rocks for a 4 cyl. Got the Bazooka sub from the dealer, and it produces an OK amount of bump, but you can certainly get a lot more for the money with an aftermarket one. The only thing I really miss is automatic headlights. It's been a month and 1000 miles later, and I'm really pleased with my purchase! I highly recommend this car for anyone not wanting to spend a lot of cash for a lot of bang!

Out of the Wrapper a BEST BUY!
By joeyalphabet on 04/27/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In true light of the topic, this car drives very well. Out of the wrapper this is hands down the best bang for the buck. I own a 5spd tC for 1 year and18k miles, and I find the acceleration is adequate, handling is nimble, top end is good. Brakes are adequate though I occasionally wish there was NO fade. Fuel economy ranges from 22-30+ depending on how “spirited” you drive. I notice a slight difference with the 92 octane gas (here in NY) but at $3.30+ a gal save the money and go regular (89 octane). The seats accommodate you well, though on long (4hr+) trips I can appreciate more comfort. I often travel alone, but with one passenger, two if you include my 100 lb. German Shepherd.

Decent
By Mike on 04/21/07 21:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the '07 right when they first started hitting dealerships. Fun to drive, I4 is peppy, gas mileage is not so great. Highway driving is noisy and high RPM once you get over 60. The Z rated tires that come with the car are unnecessary and wear out instantly. Despite its weight and FWD, car handles snow & rain poorly. The double din radio is great for aftermarket head units. Huge sunroof is cool, but rattles like nobody's business. Doors rattle, rear hatch rattles. Buy the accessories online, far cheaper. 2-in-1 floor mats are nice. Seats scuff easily, not very comfortable. Car is a pain to clean because of body shape. Blind splots a plenty. No telescoping steering wheel. Long and heavy doors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.