Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Pleasantly surprised...
By Bobbyb38

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car recently while waiting for my 04 Cavalier to get serviced yet again. I fell in love with this car from the moment I saw it and was stunned at how fun it was to drive. Tight handling, good acceleration, and really cool dash features. Needless to say I traded in my Chevy and am so glad I did. There is simply no comparison in my opinion when driving a Toyota and a GM made car. The difference in quality was apparent as soon as I opened the door. Just a solidly built car with quality parts thru out. If you want a reliable car that's fun to drive, buy this car today!

Moonroof is really Nice, acceleration and cornering are superb (very difficult to drive this car under the speed limit as it begs to be pushed), interior smartly constructed. Great looking car in and out. Slide the seats up and or fold them down and it's amazing the room that opens up in the back!

Paint job is low quality considering how well the rest of this car is built. Plan on a few chips and scratches. Colors are beautiful however, mine is light bl. Mpg @23-way to low many reviews mention the lower horse power and higher road noise compared to hondas etc. I find this a minimal issue overall

not your fathers toyota
By not-a-kid

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Read previous reviews. I have experienced some of the problems, poor clutch feel out of first, radio door cover squeak, road noise with sunroof open but overall a good looking fun car with good economy and reliability. One feature no one has mentioned is easy access to the oil filter. I can change the oil without lifting the car. Try that on your civic/rsx! Could use a rear wiper and more LEDs on the high mount tailight.

Awesome standard wheels/tires, Glass from cowl to trunk lid, snappy shifter for a Toyota, lots of extras are standard!

Smoother clutch, rear wiper, more contoured front "sport seats", zenons, fully lit high mount

Nice and Sweet
By loo11188

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I have had it for 2 years. The only thing that I have found that I do NOT like is that I have had to replace 3 tires due to nails. The funny thing is that it came with Bridgestone tires and I have replaced them with Kelly tires and have had NO problems with the new tires what-so-ever. That can get a little pricey. But all in all i love this car and it doesn't do bad in the snow either.

Steering, head unit, layout

better tires

Potential but lacks power!
By Bulgdoom

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Has one of the best designs out there with a nice sport coupe. Quality is overall nice and good value for the money. Engine seems outdated and suited more for trucks with high torque maximized at 4,000 rpm and overall poor mpg for this type of car. Engine seems to run at high RPM for cruising speeds, could use a 6th gear and a more refined clutch.Weight is relatively low but there are some blind spots which may get in the way. Its very fun to drive but performance is a bit low for a 2.4L engine compared to other cars such as the Audi and VW which get over 200hp and torque with 2L engines while receiving same or better mpg.

Slick and Sporty Design, Hatchback and Space, Sunroof, Fun to Drive, Safety

More efficient engine with more power and higher MPG (Perhaps Diesel Version 2?), reduce blind spots especially in the back, better clutch, 6th gear,

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By J

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a middle aged woman who fell in love w/the tC after an extensive amount of research. For the price, you can't beat it. 36,000 highway miles on mine. I just totaled it--dry roads, moderate speed. Impossible to correct and crumpled like a plastic cup. Hatchback shattered after impact. I was unhurt, but very surprised at how poorly it handled under a diverse situation that could have been corrected easily in my old Nissan. I came out w/compression fx but it could have been worse, especially if it had rolled. Next car will not be a tC.

Sporty and sleek look; cost; sunroof; ease of folding back seats down; spacious for its size--have hauled everything from hay bales to walkers to wheelchairs w/ease.

Poor quality paint job; interior plastic molding on hatchback started falling off after only 4 months; less than expected gas mileage (I drive only highway); could have better head room and front drivers seat could go back further for long legged sons.