Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By J

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a middle aged woman who fell in love w/the tC after an extensive amount of research. For the price, you can't beat it. 36,000 highway miles on mine. I just totaled it--dry roads, moderate speed. Impossible to correct and crumpled like a plastic cup. Hatchback shattered after impact. I was unhurt, but very surprised at how poorly it handled under a diverse situation that could have been corrected easily in my old Nissan. I came out w/compression fx but it could have been worse, especially if it had rolled. Next car will not be a tC.

Favorite Features

Sporty and sleek look; cost; sunroof; ease of folding back seats down; spacious for its size--have hauled everything from hay bales to walkers to wheelchairs w/ease.

Suggested Improvements

Poor quality paint job; interior plastic molding on hatchback started falling off after only 4 months; less than expected gas mileage (I drive only highway); could have better head room and front drivers seat could go back further for long legged sons.

Rattles and Rattles but Good Reliability
By Tib

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a poorly made car but reliable as all can be. After the first month my radio door started squeaking. The first day that it was below 25 degrees you could hear what sounds to be a bolt snapping against the windshield...3 warranty claims later and still does it. The drivers mirror vibrated like you wouldn't believe so that was replaced under warranty. The trunk rattles so much it will make you go mad. The gears are too small, with a different 5th gear this car would easily get 40+mpg. At 70mph in fifth I'm at 3700rpm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone with my experience without corrections to these areas.

Favorite Features

The look, steering wheel radio controls and the sportiness.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the assembly to prevent rattles in the hatch, sunroof and windshield area. Replace the radio door with a unit that doesn't squeak and make a seat that is better adjusted for taller people. Sloppy gear movement and put in a overdrive to get 40 mpg.

Loaded tC
By CAROLINAJACK

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased tc in may 2007. It is the release series 3.0 #737 of 2500 produced.$21,000.00 price tag. All options, except for the standard 5- speed manual trans. Added trd lowering springs, short throw shifter, anti-sway bars, strut brace, exhaust for additional $2000.00. Now my $23,000.00 investment feels like 30 grand. If there is something you don't like, just adjust to your application.

Favorite Features

TRD

Suggested Improvements

6-speed manual tans.

bad power steering
By dim

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The power steering pump went bad after two months of using that car. Now have jumping RPM problem.

My Tc
By Anna27

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion Tc in March 2007. I had read reviews on this website about the paint quality, which has proven to be true. I have some scratches on my car that I think wouldn't have shown up as well on my old car. Now that I have that said, I LOVE love love my car. I have not had a single problem with this car in the over year and half I have had it. It drives perfectly. I haven't had to replace a single thing. I realize this isn't a luxury car, but as far as an economical choice, I couldn't recommend a better deal. The backseat area is great. The car drives with expected speed and great agility. Overall-For the price bracket it falls into, an awesome deal-wouldn't replace it ever.

Favorite Features

Interior Space, Exterior Look, Radio Functions, Turning Radius, Dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint, Driver's seat could afford to move back some.