2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great car for the price
By RT on 10/26/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. This car is actually heavier (at nearly 4,000 lbs.) than my Saab 900. It handles and performs well for its weight/power distribution. Cargo space is wonderful but you wouldn't want this car if you are a 6 footer. First gear is very high and the clutch does not engage smoothly in low gears. (first and second). Mileage is good but not great in this day and age. I consistently get 30 mpg. The material which covers the dash board was warped on the passenger side from new. Scion refuses to honor this as a warranty issue. No biggie.

Reliable Car
By DMWilks on 10/23/07 05:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion back in June of 07. I have had NO problems with it. I disagree that the car handles bad in the rain. I live in florida where it rains a lot and I feel pretty safe when I drive it. It is a peppy little car when needed. There is a lot of room for rear passengers and I love the sleek looking silver accents . Great car for the money.

Great car
By Oconnell on 10/09/07 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the style and it was cheap. I've had the car almost a year with no problems at all... all the talks of rattles and squeaks almost turned me off to the car but I've yet to hear anything.

Very nice car
By joetowntc on 09/23/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car at all. I bought it 2 months ago and already have 4000 miles on it and the only thing that has gone wrong is a clutch cable had to be adjusted because I tried power shifting it a couple of times. It is a great buy for the price. It doesn't jerk out of any gear, you just need to learn how to drive a manual. The clutch is a little touchy but once you get used to it, it's awesome. You can put the power to the wheels in an instant.

Good Buy
By Rick on 09/18/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first "brand new" vehicle after many years of battling the constant problems of the unreliability of my other used vehicles. I am ultimately happy with my purchase have no regrets. I love how tight the car drives and how versatile it is since all seat can fold completely flat. It also has ample leg room in the back for passengers and the reclining rear seats are also a plus! Gas mileage is decent considering it's a 2.4L, and one touch windows and a stylish sunroof also are an added plus. It has all the bells and whistles you can ask for within this price point and it is pretty sporty looking sitting on 17" wheels and can go pretty good with 161HP. All not bad for under $17k.

Never Again
By Scion H8er on 08/18/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car without even test driving it. After a year, I have noticed problems with it. When you see a Scion, you think it would be a fun driving experience, after a year, I have came to conclusion that it is not much of a driving experience and the styling seems to be a bit bland. Reliability has been top notch but materials do not seem to be top notch.

For the money...
By Tankery on 08/17/07 10:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't find a half way sporty car for under 20 grand until this came along. It's bland yet cute and has some nice amenities like the glass roof and MP3 output, mp3 CD player - woo hoo!

It just LOOKS nice
By Alicia on 07/08/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion after 2 test drives and I liked everything about it, the look, features, performance, price etc. However I was disappointed when I began hearing squeaking near the radio and rattling all over the place. After just 7 months I had a problem with a fuse. When I turned on my headlights all of my interior lights would turn off, my car was pitch black at night. Another big disappointment was the weak AC. It blows mildly cool air on the coldest setting. This car has heavy doors and paint that chips/scratches easily. I have to say that aside from all the imperfections the car is pretty decent on gas mileage and the sunroof is a good feature. I guess you get what you pay for.

By far my favorite!!!
By Heather on 07/07/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my favorite purchase ever! I was looking for something smaller and a little sportier and I couldn't be happier. It has just enough cargo room and I'm surprised at what I've been able to fit in the trunk when I put the back seats down. The doors are nice and long which makes it easy for people to get into the back seat. I have to say that I'm really happy with the amount of interior storage spaces and cup holders, my friends and I use my car to go everywhere and we're always comfortable and we have a lot of fun. The only thing I miss about my previous car is the automatic headlights. When I first bought this car, I kept forgetting to turn the headlights on and off.

Good car
By jason on 07/01/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very sleek car. The only thing I don't like is there is too much body roll and it could use about 30 to 40 more hp without having to buy a supercharger. All in all, it's a good car in its price range.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.