Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great Car For The Money
By mtown1890

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best cars on the market under 20Grand.Plenty of available features, Smooth shifting transmission, nice sound system. Plenty of room for customization. Great entry level performance car.

iPOD connectivity, interior styling is different than anything else on the market. Capable 2.4L I4. Tons of cargo room with the rear seats down.

Low profile tires get VERY expensive, dark interior attracts a lot of dust.

Love my car
By nestars

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car for myself for my 18th birthday and I love it. I was debating between the tC and the Civic but once I was in the tC I knew I had to have it. I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the whole design of the car. I have to agree with some reviews here that say it is a little hard to stay under the speed limit with this car =). I have had a few tires issues with this car. Had to replace 2 in about 2 years but overall i am extremely pleased with this car

sporty look, moonroof/sunroof, radio controls on steering wheel, performance

different color for the inside lights..don't like the orange... I do like how we can control the radio display colors...wish it was that way for all the inside car displays! Better tires

Pro's and Con's
By James

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the way the outside of the car has been styled and when I got in i quickly fell in love with the way the car was put together. I like how the dash wraps around the driver making all of the controls easily accessible. the standard features of the car are awesome; moon/sunroof, power windows and locks, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and alloy wheels.

I like how the car comes standard with so many features, yet there are a lot of upgrades and other things that you can do to the car, even from TRD if you wanted to go down that road. I also still love the interior and exterior style. It has a lot of motor and design, and "bang for the buck" over all.

I would like if they constructed the interior a little stronger and use a different material on the seats. It holds a large amount of dust. I wish the sound system would go a little louder, it isn't very strong. I also wish they would've to us a little stronger clear coat to protect the nice paint.

Some Serious Design Flaws
By soooner1

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Sunroof rattled badly from day 1, as did wind deflector. Very irritating with no fix offered at dealers. Service bulletin recommendation may/may not work. Dash is stretched too thin and can see undergrid - appears wavy. Got worse after about 3 months. No dealer support for problem, yet seriously reduces value of vehicle. Ride is a little stiff and road noise is almost intolerable. A little higher profile tire on a 1" smaller diameter wheel might have done it.

performance styling mileage

make a higher quality car or train your inspectors to catch flaws or get new suppliers.

Bought it 2.5 years ago.
By Jonell

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wish I'd gotten a manual, overall pretty happy with it because of all the extra power windows/locks/sunroof stuff. There seem to be some complaints echoed here that I've been experiencing. When the tire psi is set to the manual specifications, the tire gauge light turns on; the only way to turn it off is by inflating the tires over manual specifications and I don't want to wear out my tires. Don't over fill your coin holder; a coin dropped into the lid reservoir and now the lid won't open the whole way. Went on a road trip with boyfriend and we were both comfortable. Wish radio were a bit more ipod/mp3 player compatible. As a woman, I like the panic button on the key.

Color (black cherry), steering wheel controls, exterior lines, rims, power windows/locks/sunroof, driver seat/area roomy, driver floor mats hooked on so they won't shift around, good trunk space, great maintenance service at the dealership although expensive, from a maker a lot of people trust.

Paint job, a/c controls are odd, hook to allow rear passenger entry in awkward place, rear window rattles, radio cover squeaks, clock light doesn't turn on anymore when headlights go on, rear passenger head space, VERY loud cabin at high speeds.