2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By J on 12/04/08 20:50 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a middle aged woman who fell in love w/the tC after an extensive amount of research. For the price, you can't beat it. 36,000 highway miles on mine. I just totaled it--dry roads, moderate speed. Impossible to correct and crumpled like a plastic cup. Hatchback shattered after impact. I was unhurt, but very surprised at how poorly it handled under a diverse situation that could have been corrected easily in my old Nissan. I came out w/compression fx but it could have been worse, especially if it had rolled. Next car will not be a tC.

Rattles and Rattles but Good Reliability
By Tib on 11/24/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a poorly made car but reliable as all can be. After the first month my radio door started squeaking. The first day that it was below 25 degrees you could hear what sounds to be a bolt snapping against the windshield...3 warranty claims later and still does it. The drivers mirror vibrated like you wouldn't believe so that was replaced under warranty. The trunk rattles so much it will make you go mad. The gears are too small, with a different 5th gear this car would easily get 40+mpg. At 70mph in fifth I'm at 3700rpm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone with my experience without corrections to these areas.

Loaded tC
By CAROLINAJACK on 11/21/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased tc in may 2007. It is the release series 3.0 #737 of 2500 produced.$21,000.00 price tag. All options, except for the standard 5- speed manual trans. Added trd lowering springs, short throw shifter, anti-sway bars, strut brace, exhaust for additional $2000.00. Now my $23,000.00 investment feels like 30 grand. If there is something you don't like, just adjust to your application.

bad power steering
By dim on 10/25/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The power steering pump went bad after two months of using that car. Now have jumping RPM problem.

My Tc
By Anna27 on 09/09/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion Tc in March 2007. I had read reviews on this website about the paint quality, which has proven to be true. I have some scratches on my car that I think wouldn't have shown up as well on my old car. Now that I have that said, I LOVE love love my car. I have not had a single problem with this car in the over year and half I have had it. It drives perfectly. I haven't had to replace a single thing. I realize this isn't a luxury car, but as far as an economical choice, I couldn't recommend a better deal. The backseat area is great. The car drives with expected speed and great agility. Overall-For the price bracket it falls into, an awesome deal-wouldn't replace it ever.

The good & the bad
By courtney on 07/20/08 22:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

People who have only had this car for 2 months should not be writing reviews. I've had my tC for two years and I have never heard more rattles in my whole life. This car is VERY reliable, but the amount of road noise and all of the rattles are forcing me to sell it. Goodbye SCION hello G35!

Defects
By lynn on 07/02/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The driver's seat within a year of owning my car, when pushing forward to clean and get into the backseat, the seat will not stay in the forward position, it will roll back on you. But the other seat will stay forward. Has anyone else had this problem with the seat ?

2007 Scion tC
By 07TStC on 06/17/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, Scion tC is worth every single dollar. What I love the most about this car is its exterior design, very sporty and handles good. I have spent less than $2000 in performance upgrades, and this car is a champion, compared to others in its class. the only downfall i could find on the tC is its cheap paint job, the paint chips really easily. Also the 2.4 engine that only performs 160 HP stock. The Civic Si performs 197 HP with its 2.0 liter engine, I would have expected more than 16 0HP for a 2.4 liter engine. Other than that this car rocks!

Fun Little Car
By Lynn K on 04/30/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my TC in April 2007 when I went to the Toyota Dealership to test drive a Toyota Matrix. My Girlfriend spotted the TC and told me I should take a look. I decided to test drive it, and I was glad did. It has a smooth ride, pick up and passing power is decent and is very sporty with standard features that you would pay extra for in other cars. Overall I like it a lot.

Great for the Price
By Narso on 04/24/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice little car for the price. It's got pretty good handling and a very sweet engine. The cornering isn't as flat as I'd like, but the steering is pretty sharp, especially after I got rid of the original tires. As is, it's pretty tossable, but I'm probably going to get an aftermarket rear sway bar to help flatten things out. I love the flexibility, if not the total horsepower, of the engine. It's smooth, torquey and quiet. Exactly what I've come to expect from Toyota. The transmission has good ratios, but could be smoother. 6 speeds would be nice. I really like the styling both outside and inside. It looks like it costs much more than it actually does.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.