Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

I love and miss my scion
By Erin

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my cavalier. I absolutely loved everything about it. It was cute, fun to drive, the layout inside the car was great. Very spacious. I owned it up until today (October 1, 2009). I was hit by an SUV going 55 mph on the passengers side, and smashed into a guardrail. The car was totaled, but the safety features on it really saved my life. I got out of the car with a few scratches and a busted lip from the airbag. So I will give all plus's safety wise. So any concerned parents for safety check it out. A beautiful good quality car, great sound system, spacious, and a great car to drive!

Love the space in the car.The sound system is perfect, I love having the music cranked up. AC worked great in the southern Florida heat.The heat worked well in the cold Indiana weather. I love the overall look of the car. Safe, reliable, never had any problems with it, overall a good buy for the $

I guess my only complaint would be with the driving in snow part. It was pretty hard commuting to school in the snow, go extra slow, it slid around a bit. But other than that I can think of no real improvements needed.

not worth the money
By jason vain

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY A SCION. I have a 2007 scion 3.0 with the third supercharger and let me say it is a piece of junk and dealing with scion themselves is horrible that is why the saying "you get what you pay for" is soooooo tru. I paid $4500 for a s.c.that give you only 40 more h.p. and everything in the car just falls apart and when you tell scion what goes wrong they just point at you and laugh. So word of advice. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!! TRUST ME>>>

looks beautiful and its fun at first until it starts making a bunch of noises. Such as wind noises because of the poor quality of the seals in the glass.

Everything, better quality parts make a solid top for the car not all of that cheep glass. way to many problems.

weather u got problems
By claudia

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I guess we didn't do our homework. When it rains or snows we do not use this car at all. You are all over the road. We wanted a good dependable car all year round, but not with this. We even bought winter tires and it did not help the problem. We didn't realize when it is a high performance car there is not much weight to the car abd thus you are all over the road when the weather turns bad.

love the sun roof

the appearance of the car is great, but make it that it isn't a high performance car.

It is what it is
By Jacob

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Now, first off, I am sick of people complaining on here about the mileage, yes, it is a small car, and the Corolla does get better mileage, but this car has a 2.4L engine, and the Corolla has a 1.8L on 95% of them. And, most people complaining are driving it to hard, that's the problem. Secondly, complaining about rattles? Well, when you buy a cheap compact car....that is what you get, thats why Mercedes cost a lot. This car gives you what you need, a GREAT sound system, PHENOMENAL Wheels, DAZZLING looks, SURPRISING Space and Comfort, and 60 cubic feet of space when the rear seats fold down flat....it is practical and sporty. This car DESTROYS the Civic Si, because the Si is more expensive..

Sound System, Perfect stock wheels, Great interior and exterior looks, comfortable seats, intelligently layed out interior design, flat folding rear cargo area, 4 Wheel ABS for safety, and 7 airbags for safety. Oh, and the HANDLING!!!

Perhaps they could increase the power of the 2.4l engine by a little bit, but this is so minor, trust me, this car is for sure the most you can get for the money.

Fun Car
By jo

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car,not sure if the paint will hold up in the az. sun I do keep it covered during the day and in garage at night. Can't find out any info on the older models and the paint on the 2005-2006 tc I have the black color. The car is fun to drive very peppy and has all the things I need in a car. I recommend the car always when asked about it.