2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Nice little car
By msfirefly36 on 04/14/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Turns around curves good. Zippy.. holds it's own, passes well. Black cherry color has got many compliments. It's an all around good car for going to/from work. I wouldn't drive it in the deep snow. On long trips the seats killed my back. Not much room inside for toting alot of luggage on a long trip - else all good. After 57K no problems with the mechanical. 30mpg highway

Great Car For The Money
By mtown1890 on 04/13/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best cars on the market under 20Grand.Plenty of available features, Smooth shifting transmission, nice sound system. Plenty of room for customization. Great entry level performance car.

Love my car
By nestars on 03/11/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car for myself for my 18th birthday and I love it. I was debating between the tC and the Civic but once I was in the tC I knew I had to have it. I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the whole design of the car. I have to agree with some reviews here that say it is a little hard to stay under the speed limit with this car =). I have had a few tires issues with this car. Had to replace 2 in about 2 years but overall i am extremely pleased with this car

Pro's and Con's
By James on 02/20/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the way the outside of the car has been styled and when I got in i quickly fell in love with the way the car was put together. I like how the dash wraps around the driver making all of the controls easily accessible. the standard features of the car are awesome; moon/sunroof, power windows and locks, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and alloy wheels.

Some Serious Design Flaws
By soooner1 on 01/19/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Sunroof rattled badly from day 1, as did wind deflector. Very irritating with no fix offered at dealers. Service bulletin recommendation may/may not work. Dash is stretched too thin and can see undergrid - appears wavy. Got worse after about 3 months. No dealer support for problem, yet seriously reduces value of vehicle. Ride is a little stiff and road noise is almost intolerable. A little higher profile tire on a 1" smaller diameter wheel might have done it.

Bought it 2.5 years ago.
By Jonell on 01/16/09 19:21 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wish I'd gotten a manual, overall pretty happy with it because of all the extra power windows/locks/sunroof stuff. There seem to be some complaints echoed here that I've been experiencing. When the tire psi is set to the manual specifications, the tire gauge light turns on; the only way to turn it off is by inflating the tires over manual specifications and I don't want to wear out my tires. Don't over fill your coin holder; a coin dropped into the lid reservoir and now the lid won't open the whole way. Went on a road trip with boyfriend and we were both comfortable. Wish radio were a bit more ipod/mp3 player compatible. As a woman, I like the panic button on the key.

Pleasantly surprised...
By Bobbyb38 on 01/03/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car recently while waiting for my 04 Cavalier to get serviced yet again. I fell in love with this car from the moment I saw it and was stunned at how fun it was to drive. Tight handling, good acceleration, and really cool dash features. Needless to say I traded in my Chevy and am so glad I did. There is simply no comparison in my opinion when driving a Toyota and a GM made car. The difference in quality was apparent as soon as I opened the door. Just a solidly built car with quality parts thru out. If you want a reliable car that's fun to drive, buy this car today!

not your fathers toyota
By not-a-kid on 12/11/08 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Read previous reviews. I have experienced some of the problems, poor clutch feel out of first, radio door cover squeak, road noise with sunroof open but overall a good looking fun car with good economy and reliability. One feature no one has mentioned is easy access to the oil filter. I can change the oil without lifting the car. Try that on your civic/rsx! Could use a rear wiper and more LEDs on the high mount tailight.

Nice and Sweet
By loo11188 on 12/10/08 20:41 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I have had it for 2 years. The only thing that I have found that I do NOT like is that I have had to replace 3 tires due to nails. The funny thing is that it came with Bridgestone tires and I have replaced them with Kelly tires and have had NO problems with the new tires what-so-ever. That can get a little pricey. But all in all i love this car and it doesn't do bad in the snow either.

Potential but lacks power!
By Bulgdoom on 12/10/08 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Has one of the best designs out there with a nice sport coupe. Quality is overall nice and good value for the money. Engine seems outdated and suited more for trucks with high torque maximized at 4,000 rpm and overall poor mpg for this type of car. Engine seems to run at high RPM for cruising speeds, could use a 6th gear and a more refined clutch.Weight is relatively low but there are some blind spots which may get in the way. Its very fun to drive but performance is a bit low for a 2.4L engine compared to other cars such as the Audi and VW which get over 200hp and torque with 2L engines while receiving same or better mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.