Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

It's not bad
By Chris

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in March 07. Haven't put a dime into it yet, I love Toyota's. Probably won't ever own anything but. I like the car over all, but for New England driving it isn't to practical. Has never failed me, but I would definitely like to see improvements in future generation tc's.

Favorite Features

Pretty sporty ride, handles well, always turns over no problem (even in - 20 degree weather), looks nice, rides smooth, shifts into gear smooth, strong motor.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is weak (rubbing against the car lightly could scratch it easily), dents extremely easy, too much plastic on car, after about a year and a half the car is extremely loud with rattles all over. Build the car a little stronger Toyota.

Scions R Kool Cars
By valval

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Toyota Scion T C Is a great car.It has a sleek design and looks great on the inside& out. It is a comfortable and fun car to drive.I have had no problems with my car since my husband bought it for me in 2006.Toyota could of had put a better paint job on it.I have noticed small nicks of chipped paint here and there on my car.Other than that I am really satisfied and would recommend someone to buy a Scion....They are really fun vehicles to drive.They Catch peoples eyes and are looking and complimenting you on your car.

Favorite Features

Fun To Drive Steering Wheel Options/Radio Hands Free Aux Plug/I-Pod/Phone Can be set up for Standard Shift if decide to change motor.

Suggested Improvements

Paint Job Needs Durable Paint Job Option To Turn Off Airbags Needs More Safety Features Hydroplayne When It Rains

30k and still going
By Manny

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Been driving this car for over 3 years now and still love it. The only problems that I had with the car are the HVAC lights would go out when the headlights were turned on and tires wear out pretty quickly. (To fix the HVAC light, you had to resolder the T302 transistor legs on the HVAC circuit board.)

Favorite Features

Low end torque. Sporty appearance. Ipod connection.

Suggested Improvements

They should make a modified ipod cable that allows ipod charging. Had to buy a schosche charging adapter from the apple store to use a newer ipod in my scion.

Good Car
By Sylvia

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The scion does have the problems mentioned in other reviews such as easily scratched paint and a little rattling and sealing issues. I recently had a problem where my parking brake light goes on and off even though it is completely down. However these are minor issues. I got a cute, sporty car that I can afford and I feel good about the Toyota reliability. I've never had any tire problems but I would watch those bumps! They'll get the under-side of the body before they'll ever get the tires. Overall, a very good, reliable car that gets compliments.

Favorite Features

Music control on steering wheel, good sound, a cool--almost manly-- interior, moonroof, extra optional features

Suggested Improvements

Paint protection or paint warranty, better seals around doors.

what I didn't know about Toyota
By howard kirshner

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Toyota SCION TC for my daughter, I did not buy an extended warranty because of the 60,000 mile 5year warranty that came with the vehicle.The car started to give her problems with a leak into the passenger compartment.With 2 visits they finally stopped the leak. Next came the blower motor that failed.By this time my car had gone by the 60,000 miles that was covered under the warranty.At 73,000 miles my engine failed.I called Toyota who offered to reimburse me for $500.00. A new engine is over $4000.00. In conclusion, I feel there could have been a compromise to this situation. Thanks for listening.