2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
It's not bad
By Chris on 03/05/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in March 07. Haven't put a dime into it yet, I love Toyota's. Probably won't ever own anything but. I like the car over all, but for New England driving it isn't to practical. Has never failed me, but I would definitely like to see improvements in future generation tc's.

Scions R Kool Cars
By valval on 02/18/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Toyota Scion T C Is a great car.It has a sleek design and looks great on the inside& out. It is a comfortable and fun car to drive.I have had no problems with my car since my husband bought it for me in 2006.Toyota could of had put a better paint job on it.I have noticed small nicks of chipped paint here and there on my car.Other than that I am really satisfied and would recommend someone to buy a Scion....They are really fun vehicles to drive.They Catch peoples eyes and are looking and complimenting you on your car.

30k and still going
By Manny on 01/08/10 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Been driving this car for over 3 years now and still love it. The only problems that I had with the car are the HVAC lights would go out when the headlights were turned on and tires wear out pretty quickly. (To fix the HVAC light, you had to resolder the T302 transistor legs on the HVAC circuit board.)

Good Car
By Sylvia on 11/05/09 11:46 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The scion does have the problems mentioned in other reviews such as easily scratched paint and a little rattling and sealing issues. I recently had a problem where my parking brake light goes on and off even though it is completely down. However these are minor issues. I got a cute, sporty car that I can afford and I feel good about the Toyota reliability. I've never had any tire problems but I would watch those bumps! They'll get the under-side of the body before they'll ever get the tires. Overall, a very good, reliable car that gets compliments.

what I didn't know about Toyota
By howard kirshner on 10/10/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Toyota SCION TC for my daughter, I did not buy an extended warranty because of the 60,000 mile 5year warranty that came with the vehicle.The car started to give her problems with a leak into the passenger compartment.With 2 visits they finally stopped the leak. Next came the blower motor that failed.By this time my car had gone by the 60,000 miles that was covered under the warranty.At 73,000 miles my engine failed.I called Toyota who offered to reimburse me for $500.00. A new engine is over $4000.00. In conclusion, I feel there could have been a compromise to this situation. Thanks for listening.

I love and miss my scion
By Erin on 10/08/09 02:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my cavalier. I absolutely loved everything about it. It was cute, fun to drive, the layout inside the car was great. Very spacious. I owned it up until today (October 1, 2009). I was hit by an SUV going 55 mph on the passengers side, and smashed into a guardrail. The car was totaled, but the safety features on it really saved my life. I got out of the car with a few scratches and a busted lip from the airbag. So I will give all plus's safety wise. So any concerned parents for safety check it out. A beautiful good quality car, great sound system, spacious, and a great car to drive!

not worth the money
By jason vain on 08/09/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY A SCION. I have a 2007 scion 3.0 with the third supercharger and let me say it is a piece of junk and dealing with scion themselves is horrible that is why the saying "you get what you pay for" is soooooo tru. I paid $4500 for a s.c.that give you only 40 more h.p. and everything in the car just falls apart and when you tell scion what goes wrong they just point at you and laugh. So word of advice. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!! TRUST ME>>>

weather u got problems
By claudia on 06/24/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I guess we didn't do our homework. When it rains or snows we do not use this car at all. You are all over the road. We wanted a good dependable car all year round, but not with this. We even bought winter tires and it did not help the problem. We didn't realize when it is a high performance car there is not much weight to the car abd thus you are all over the road when the weather turns bad.

It is what it is
By Jacob on 06/09/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Now, first off, I am sick of people complaining on here about the mileage, yes, it is a small car, and the Corolla does get better mileage, but this car has a 2.4L engine, and the Corolla has a 1.8L on 95% of them. And, most people complaining are driving it to hard, that's the problem. Secondly, complaining about rattles? Well, when you buy a cheap compact car....that is what you get, thats why Mercedes cost a lot. This car gives you what you need, a GREAT sound system, PHENOMENAL Wheels, DAZZLING looks, SURPRISING Space and Comfort, and 60 cubic feet of space when the rear seats fold down flat....it is practical and sporty. This car DESTROYS the Civic Si, because the Si is more expensive..

Fun Car
By jo on 05/27/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car,not sure if the paint will hold up in the az. sun I do keep it covered during the day and in garage at night. Can't find out any info on the older models and the paint on the 2005-2006 tc I have the black color. The car is fun to drive very peppy and has all the things I need in a car. I recommend the car always when asked about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.