Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

You Get Your Bang for Your Buck!
By cj2007

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my super white 2007 TC! I like the exterior and interior design. After I added the lip spoiler and limousine black tints, the look of the TC went from nice to fab! Those minor tweaks made the look sporty and high-end. Definitely get a lot of compliments on my TC. For people who don't know how much a TC cost, they thought my car was over $30,000.

I like the design a lot. I also think the super white paint is the best color for a 2007 TC. The color brings out the design and features of the TC very well. I also like the interior design being black. The center console is a very nice touch. I like bucket seats, which turns out to be quite comfortable. After I installed the stock sound system, my car not only looked great but sounded great as well.

At this point none. Because any suggested improvements I'll make will mean the price of the TC will go up. And I think Toyota wants to keep it at a certain price range.

great car for the price
By twingo

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive 90 miles round trip for work and got 32 mpg. now I do more city driving and get about 25 mpg. With 92K on the odometer it still has lots of power and quiet engine. It is great car on smooth roads but kinda choppy on bumpy ones. Plenty of leg room even in the back seat but head room is tight in back. Fun to drive and sound system is great. Good car for price.

sound system, really bright high beam headlights, sunroofs are good size.

needs better paint, rear wiper for window, side mirrors fog up in cooler weather Possibly an option for a "snow package" model, nicer fabric on head liner would be good.

<3 this car! Especially if you're short!
By Brooke

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC new and have had it for 3 years. I love it! It has some flaws, but overall it's a great car. If you live in New England get snow tires (I recommend Blizzaks) or else you'll never get anywhere with the stock tires. The ride is a bit harsh/loud. It always jerks when I first press on the gas if I don't purposely ease into it more than usual (others who drive my car would agree). I notice a little rattling with the sunroof from time to time - no big deal. The seal above the windshield comes up sometimes after a car wash. Paint does catch a lot of road dust/bugs, but I recently clay barred it and it looks new! Love my under dash/cupholder lights! Lots of comments all around! :)

Blue LED lights option under my dash and in my cup holders - love them! Steering wheel controls, spacious cargo area when back seats are down, glass top, double sun/moon roof, iPod connector, overall design - very sleek, white color, tire pressure light

higher quality seats, better seals, accelerating from stopped position always creates a "jerk", better paint job, rear wiper, seats don't always lock back into place after moving them forward to access the back - also top lever gets stuck sometimes, lots of blind spots - be careful! more headroom!

Scion experience
By ali

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love my scion, bought it brand new upon trading in a toyota celica 02, have never had any problems its holds up to the rigid expectations of the toyota name. Tires have air pressure sensors on them which are too sensitive for the CO climate but otherwise the car is reliable fuel efficient quick comfortable and has maximized its space. Would like to see a more classy interior vs the plastic dash etc but after adding window tint and a spoiler the car looks sweet. The tires (yokohama stock) were extremely pricy when time to replace. otherwise no complaints.

Good car for the money
By tcowner

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used and love it! The tC is such a good-looking vehicle, great for the money, and a lot of fun to drive. For a little 4cyl car it has plenty of pep. It handles well. I've only had one problem with the car so far. I had some little LED lights go out on my headlights. Granted, these headlights were aftermarket, so it's not Toyota's fault. Friends love riding in it. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do get a lot of second looks in this car.

Good gas mileage. Backseat is particularly roomy for a two-door car. Not to mention it's good-looking.

Paint is a bit weak and seems prone to damage. Also, not the most comfortable car I've ridden in. However, for the class, it's great. I've ridden in other sporty, small cars owned by friends and mine is by far the most comfortable.