Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

OK car
By janno95

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 scion tc when it had 167k miles on it 2 years ago. I currently have 216k on it and it was running very good until my oil light came on. Come to find out Scion has a recall on the engine for OLDER scions. The mechanic I talked to said this would be a problem as the cars got more miles on them. Also, my car was awful in the rain and snow.

Look of the car.

the radio light being fixed, and definitely the engine problem

So far has been a great ride!!!
By sizzletyme06

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2007 TC about a month and a half ago with 81,000 miles on it. I've put a little over 4,000 on it with no problems as of yet and drive about 60 -70 miles a day round trip to work getting right around 30 mpg. Love the handling and acceleration, car looks great, constantly getting compliments and looks where ever I go. I'm 6'5" and think that the car has plenty of room for the driver but is a bit tight in the back seat. Smoking in the car is nearly impossible though. The ashes come right back into the car and is nearly unavoidable so am finding myself cleaning the interior quite a bit which isn't very fun but all cars have there down fall and not everyone smokes! lol

Exterior and interior design / Acceleration / Great on gas / Sun / Moonroof really cool / Overall look and performance

Paint does seem to scratch very easy and picks up dust etc.. easily as well / could use a better sound system / Maybe a little more head room / Interior picks up anything and everything, not sure if it's the material but is irritating

07 Scion tC
By ts1989

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC used with 120,000 in March of 2013...figured it would be beneficial to write a review about a used one. No issues with the car for the first 10,000 miles, then my engine failed at 131,000. I understand it was used but with a Toyota engine...kinda surprised me. This was a car I always wanted, and I loved having it. Acceleration was pretty awesome (roommate had a Volks Jetta turbo and I smoked him) and the handling was good, even with it "having been around the block". The sunroof was amazing, although like others I too did have issues with the rattling. My suggestion: if you're looking for a used one, get it mechanically checked before buying!

Acceleration, Sunroof, Handling.

Gas Mileage! Wasn't the best which was shocking for it being a small engine.

Awesome car!
By kellyen

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Honestly, if you are thinking about getting this car, get it. I had it for 4 years, been through 4 accidents, then it finally got totaled last week when some woman on drugs hit me on the highway. The first response people thought I was dead or badly injured. I walked out w/o a scratch. The car took all of the damage. This car is VERY safe and I'd recommend it to anyone. I just bought a 2009 Scion tC to replace it because I liked the 07 so much. **I would not recommend this car to a tall person. I'm 5'4" and the car was perfect for me, but my taller friends were a little uncomfortable.**

Look of the car. Seat material. Easy to drive. Comfortable. VERY roomy back seat. Great trunk space.

Make it a 6 cylinder and have louder stereo! (Its pretty loud already, but I'm partially deaf so it wasn't loud enough for me. :p)

You Get Your Bang for Your Buck!
By cj2007

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my super white 2007 TC!
I like the exterior and interior design.
After I added the lip spoiler and limousine black tints, the look of the TC went from nice to fab!
Those minor tweaks made the look sporty and high-end.
Definitely get a lot of compliments on my TC.
For people who don't know how much a TC cost, they thought my car was over $30,000.

I like the design a lot. I also think the super white paint is the best color for a 2007 TC. The color brings out the design and features of the TC very well. I also like the interior design being black. The center console is a very nice touch. I like bucket seats, which turns out to be quite comfortable. After I installed the stock sound system, my car not only looked great but sounded great as well.

At this point none. Because any suggested improvements I'll make will mean the price of the TC will go up. And I think Toyota wants to keep it at a certain price range.