Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

I love my Scion tC
By Julie Stringham

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I compared several other cars before deciding on this one. None would give me the initial "umph" on takeoff I like (within my price range and MPG I need) except the Scion tC. It doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles, and it would be nice if it gave me more mpg, but I love driving this fun car and it didn't break the bank.

Sunroof and moonroof, sleek look of the body style.

Fuel economy.

Highly Recommended!
By ME

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It was between the Civic and the tC, and in performance on the road, let me tell you this guy rocks for a 4 cyl. Got the Bazooka sub from the dealer, and it produces an OK amount of bump, but you can certainly get a lot more for the money with an aftermarket one. The only thing I really miss is automatic headlights. It's been a month and 1000 miles later, and I'm really pleased with my purchase! I highly recommend this car for anyone not wanting to spend a lot of cash for a lot of bang!

Steering wheel audio controls, panorama sunroof, auto up and down windows, a/c controls, engine power.

Only getting 25 MPG, I really did expect higher from this car. Automatic headlights would be nice, but at least if you turn them on and open the door they turn themselves off. Also, having an auto-lock/unlock door when going in and out of park would be nice.

Out of the Wrapper a BEST BUY!
By joeyalphabet

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In true light of the topic, this car drives very well. Out of the wrapper this is hands down the best bang for the buck. I own a 5spd tC for 1 year and18k miles, and I find the acceleration is adequate, handling is nimble, top end is good. Brakes are adequate though I occasionally wish there was NO fade. Fuel economy ranges from 22-30+ depending on how “spirited” you drive. I notice a slight difference with the 92 octane gas (here in NY) but at $3.30+ a gal save the money and go regular (89 octane). The seats accommodate you well, though on long (4hr+) trips I can appreciate more comfort. I often travel alone, but with one passenger, two if you include my 100 lb. German Shepherd.

Glass roof, good stereo fun to drive, price. The tC pulls 0.81g on the skidpad, halts from 70’-0 in just 179 ft and moves you 0 to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds! You’re going to have to spend $5000 more to top all these numbers. With the tC's modest price it lends itself to tuner enhancements.

Needs better body integrity and paint. A 6spd would really make her more rounded. The weight distribution is likely to throw off the over-confident new driver.

Decent
By Mike

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the '07 right when they first started hitting dealerships. Fun to drive, I4 is peppy, gas mileage is not so great. Highway driving is noisy and high RPM once you get over 60. The Z rated tires that come with the car are unnecessary and wear out instantly. Despite its weight and FWD, car handles snow & rain poorly. The double din radio is great for aftermarket head units. Huge sunroof is cool, but rattles like nobody's business. Doors rattle, rear hatch rattles. Buy the accessories online, far cheaper. 2-in-1 floor mats are nice. Seats scuff easily, not very comfortable. Car is a pain to clean because of body shape. Blind splots a plenty. No telescoping steering wheel. Long and heavy doors.

Sunroof, good torque, no mechanical problems to date (16,000 miles), "Pure" pricing, reclining back seats.

Rear wiper would be huge. Better sunroof shades. Ditch the boring amber gauges. Telescoping steering wheel. I added a nav system, the LED tail-lights, stock sub, 2-in-1 floor mats.

the tC rocks!!!
By rC-tC

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car ever since I saw the concept back in 2003. The styling was what caught my eye. I had wanted one ever since they came out, me and my babe went to test drive them and I knew I had to get one, so funny cause we test drove the tC cause of me, and my baby beat me to it and bought it before me, I bought mine a month later. This car surpassed by far all my expectations, everything about the car is great, the styling, the standard features, the comfort, the quality of the ride and the crafting and materials, and the economy, all around the tC is a winner!!! if you want to have a good sporty experience go for the 5 spd manual.

The panoramic moonroof, the audio controls on the steering wheel, the iPod conectivity, the auto up and down on the power windows, reclining back seats, back seat room (HUGE), the SSP, customizable greeting message on the stereo, A/C controls, and the button to open the trunk from outside :-)

I would have loved if the cluster lights and the a/c control and all the dashboard lights changed colors as well as the stereo.