Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Most Helpful|
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By J

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a middle aged woman who fell in love w/the tC after an extensive amount of research. For the price, you can't beat it. 36,000 highway miles on mine. I just totaled it--dry roads, moderate speed. Impossible to correct and crumpled like a plastic cup. Hatchback shattered after impact. I was unhurt, but very surprised at how poorly it handled under a diverse situation that could have been corrected easily in my old Nissan. I came out w/compression fx but it could have been worse, especially if it had rolled. Next car will not be a tC.

Favorite Features

Sporty and sleek look; cost; sunroof; ease of folding back seats down; spacious for its size--have hauled everything from hay bales to walkers to wheelchairs w/ease.

Suggested Improvements

Poor quality paint job; interior plastic molding on hatchback started falling off after only 4 months; less than expected gas mileage (I drive only highway); could have better head room and front drivers seat could go back further for long legged sons.

what I didn't know about Toyota
By howard kirshner

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Toyota SCION TC for my daughter, I did not buy an extended warranty because of the 60,000 mile 5year warranty that came with the vehicle.The car started to give her problems with a leak into the passenger compartment.With 2 visits they finally stopped the leak. Next came the blower motor that failed.By this time my car had gone by the 60,000 miles that was covered under the warranty.At 73,000 miles my engine failed.I called Toyota who offered to reimburse me for $500.00. A new engine is over $4000.00. In conclusion, I feel there could have been a compromise to this situation. Thanks for listening.

great car for the price
By twingo

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive 90 miles round trip for work and got 32 mpg. now I do more city driving and get about 25 mpg. With 92K on the odometer it still has lots of power and quiet engine. It is great car on smooth roads but kinda choppy on bumpy ones. Plenty of leg room even in the back seat but head room is tight in back. Fun to drive and sound system is great. Good car for price.

Favorite Features

sound system, really bright high beam headlights, sunroofs are good size.

Suggested Improvements

needs better paint, rear wiper for window, side mirrors fog up in cooler weather Possibly an option for a "snow package" model, nicer fabric on head liner would be good.

So far has been a great ride!!!
By sizzletyme06

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2007 TC about a month and a half ago with 81,000 miles on it. I've put a little over 4,000 on it with no problems as of yet and drive about 60 -70 miles a day round trip to work getting right around 30 mpg. Love the handling and acceleration, car looks great, constantly getting compliments and looks where ever I go. I'm 6'5" and think that the car has plenty of room for the driver but is a bit tight in the back seat. Smoking in the car is nearly impossible though. The ashes come right back into the car and is nearly unavoidable so am finding myself cleaning the interior quite a bit which isn't very fun but all cars have there down fall and not everyone smokes! lol

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design / Acceleration / Great on gas / Sun / Moonroof really cool / Overall look and performance

Suggested Improvements

Paint does seem to scratch very easy and picks up dust etc.. easily as well / could use a better sound system / Maybe a little more head room / Interior picks up anything and everything, not sure if it's the material but is irritating

Great car but not for all
By buckeyedrifter

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had to get rid of my TC 2.5 years because of an accident so I figured now would be a good time to write a review. Things I liked: Fun car to drive Great car to learn/relearn manual Very flexible so easy to haul big things Things I didn't like: Not very good in rain/snow Tires wore out too quickly Mileage would go down unless driven on perfect road Bottom line: This is a great car for a small commute and if you want to learn manual. But there are better cars IMO. I bought this car after having a 97 Civic for 9 years and the Civic would drive no differently rain or shine and I always got the same mileage even with my foot all the way down. Tuner parts are expensive too.

Favorite Features

Nimble and forgiving when relearning manual. Controls are where you want them and a great car if you're moving every few years as they are flexible to carry many things.

Suggested Improvements

Can't drive aggressively, which is not a problem with the competition. Tires wear out too quickly and very poor performance in the rain and snow, again not something I'm seeing with the competition even without traction control.