Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

For the money...
By Tankery

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't find a half way sporty car for under 20 grand until this came along. It's bland yet cute and has some nice amenities like the glass roof and MP3 output, mp3 CD player - woo hoo!

A nice kick to it. Nice semi-notchy shifter, a tiny sport rumble. Almost good gas mileage - I get right at 30. Handles cool for the most part.

No one touch passenger side window down. I hate this. Lunges ignorantly out of 1st gear-clutch-engine? Stop it! The seats refuse to return to anywhere near where you left them if someone gets in the back! Cryptic up/down arrows for air/stereo etc. Air conditioner is weak.

It just LOOKS nice
By Alicia

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion after 2 test drives and I liked everything about it, the look, features, performance, price etc. However I was disappointed when I began hearing squeaking near the radio and rattling all over the place. After just 7 months I had a problem with a fuse. When I turned on my headlights all of my interior lights would turn off, my car was pitch black at night. Another big disappointment was the weak AC. It blows mildly cool air on the coldest setting. This car has heavy doors and paint that chips/scratches easily. I have to say that aside from all the imperfections the car is pretty decent on gas mileage and the sunroof is a good feature. I guess you get what you pay for.

Sunroof, satellite ready radio, several small storage compartments.

Overall quality of the car, especially the air conditioner.

By far my favorite!!!
By Heather

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my favorite purchase ever! I was looking for something smaller and a little sportier and I couldn't be happier. It has just enough cargo room and I'm surprised at what I've been able to fit in the trunk when I put the back seats down. The doors are nice and long which makes it easy for people to get into the back seat. I have to say that I'm really happy with the amount of interior storage spaces and cup holders, my friends and I use my car to go everywhere and we're always comfortable and we have a lot of fun. The only thing I miss about my previous car is the automatic headlights. When I first bought this car, I kept forgetting to turn the headlights on and off.

The front retractable sun roof and the rear moon roof. It's fun to drive and has great pick up. I love the steering wheel radio controls.

Rear windshield wiper would be helpful, center console is a little noisy at higher speeds, automatic headlights.

Good car
By jason

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very sleek car. The only thing I don't like is there is too much body roll and it could use about 30 to 40 more hp without having to buy a supercharger. All in all, it's a good car in its price range.

The giant moon roof and the console.

Needs more power under the hood, at least 30 to 40 hp.

Fun and refined with few compromises
By Val

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard to beat for under 20K. Really, name something as loaded, refined and reliable (as Toyota) for the same price. So far, loving it: put a nav system into the double din - the cover is awesome, less tempting for thieves! Solid as a vault, decent handling, moderate power from 4cyl, averaging around 27 mpg on combination of spirited city driving and 90 mph+ highway cruising.

Panoramic roof, double din radio space, hatchback, reclining back seats!

Paint chips easily, A/C weak when temp over 90F, engine lags then lunges abruptly when taking-off, seats don't lower enough and have inadequate lumbar support, cargo cover on trunk doesnt lift with hatch, sunroof has stupid pinch protection that halts half way when closing, more rims to choose from!