2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great Purchase
By Tom on 09/29/06 11:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really researched the car market for about a month and this had to be one of the best cars on the market. It has a nice sleak design that really turns heads. Also, the interior is so clean and very nice. The seats hug to you and make you feel comfortable. Even though there is a bit of a blind spot on the back left and back right, it is not as bad as in most cars. The trunk, while not that big, was bigger then expected and the glove compartment is HUGE. The gauges light up really nicely and the radio is nicely hidden by the sliding door. The sun/moonroof is the best part of the car because no one has seen something like this yet. This is a total chick magnet car. I will be loving this car for a long time.

One of the Best Values Out There
By GYVAR on 09/25/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a month ago with side airbags. Right now have just over a 1,000 miles on it. On three tanks of gas I have averaged 27 mpg. So far it does not have any of the infamous rattles, but sometimes there are some creaks here and there when riding on rough pavement or over bumps. Overall I like the design, comfort, and quality of the interior. Its ride and handling are similar to a modern sporty sedan such as an Accord, I own one - a 2005. Its handling is not as responsive as I would like it to be, compared to my old `98 VW Golf. Its acceleration is near excellent. The clutch is very "touchy-feely" - it took me over a week to get used to it enough such that the take offs are smooth every time without much effort.

Great Car
By Elbert B. on 09/22/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got mine the other day and quickly fell in love with this car. It's fun to drive and comes with an excellent price.

tC Needs Improvements
By JOSE N ENRIQUEZ on 09/20/06 23:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive and has good horsepower. It has a lot extras inside. The outside has nice a design and smooth edges. The performance tires are a plus for me and it handles great. Why did they put in such cheap materials for the dashboard and the door panals?

Peppy Performance, Sticky Cornering
By Trin1 on 09/19/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my tC on Sep 11th, and I regret nothing. This car looks good, goes like a rocket (3rd gear to 5,200 RPM - WOW!), and corners like its on a rail. I added the window tint, pedestal spoiler, TRD lowering springs, strut tower bar, BORLA exhaust and cold air intake to the deal, although I'm still waiting for the intake. It seems the bore for the MAP sensor is too big for the '07 sensor and the dealer estimates a two week to two month wait while Toyota corrects the problem. I intend to get it and I'm saving up for the supercharger too! All in all, this is a great ride.

Great Car for the Money
By Rocky on 09/19/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car a few weeks ago. So far it is great in almost every aspect. The highway gas mileage seems low though (only 28 mpg so far) I am hoping that it gets better. It drives great and is a great compromise for practicality. I am not excited about the low treadwear of the tires.

Great Car - Very Happy!
By erynne on 09/17/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for one week and I am very happy with it. I had a very hard time trying to decide between the tC and the 2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX. I think I made the right decision. The tC just seems to have more character and also has more toys than the Civic. Yes, I gave up some gas mileage, but I currently have a short commute and I think it is worth it. If a long commute was an issue I think I could have chosen the Civic and been happy with it as well.

Excellent Value!
By Hawker on 09/17/06 00:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Little did I know that after comparing many value priced cars, that I'd pick a Scion tC. First off, I didn't know that Scion means "Decendant" and that it's a decendant company of Toyota. Once that was known, and I had read many GREAT reviews for the 2007 Scion tC, it was time to go test drive one. I traded in a much more expensive sports car on my new silver Scion tC, but it was done for a lower monthly payment and insurance costs, better gas mileage, the ability to use Regular unleaded gas, etc. My first thought when I sat in the driver's seat and closed the door was "Man! This car is built SOLID!" And it is. It wasn't anything like I was expecting - cheapo quality - NOT here! It's a Toyota!

Extreme Value and Flexibility
By SRAinRaleigh on 09/11/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an awesome combination: Toyota quality and total flexibility in options and accessories. I had to "trade down" from an expensive sports coupe to save some money and I thought I would have to settle for some dinky econo box. But I'm so happy with this car I wish I had traded for the Scion long ago. I think the Scion idea of packing a lot of features into the base car and allowing the consumer to pick and choose what accessories they want is THE way to go. I didn't have to overspend to get the stereo system I wanted in this car. I got exactly what I wanted and the value is much better than the Honda Civic, Nissan Versa, and Mazda3 that I test drove and compared it to. Go get one!

'07 tC = Great Value
By Javed Uddin on 08/30/06 18:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 18 years old and this is my first new car. I was been driving a white '98 Ford Explorer for six months before I got this car. So obviously I don't have an enthusiast's experience with cars. I can still say though that this car isn't a Mercedez-Benz, nor an Infiniti G35, nor a BMW Z4 or whatever it's called. The quality isn't even close. However, it's a great car for the price. All the features are nice and the fact that it has a nice list of standard features is what made me get the car. Just don't get it in the black...or else I'll have to start a crazy rumor like the paint corrodes if you get a black tC. =-)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.