Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Fun and refined with few compromises
By Val

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard to beat for under 20K. Really, name something as loaded, refined and reliable (as Toyota) for the same price. So far, loving it: put a nav system into the double din - the cover is awesome, less tempting for thieves! Solid as a vault, decent handling, moderate power from 4cyl, averaging around 27 mpg on combination of spirited city driving and 90 mph+ highway cruising.

Panoramic roof, double din radio space, hatchback, reclining back seats!

Paint chips easily, A/C weak when temp over 90F, engine lags then lunges abruptly when taking-off, seats don't lower enough and have inadequate lumbar support, cargo cover on trunk doesnt lift with hatch, sunroof has stupid pinch protection that halts half way when closing, more rims to choose from!

An alternative review
By Scion Owner

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 2,500 miles into my 2007 Scion tC and I can say I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Most reviews tell you how great the car is, and for the most part, they are true. It's a pleasure to drive and looks great. Not to be negative, I just want to take my chance to inform readers of the flip side. Don't get me wrong, I love 95% of the car, but to offer more insight to prospective buyers, here are the things that irk me: the sunroof cover is cheap. It is made of flimsy canvas and mine broke and came off the track the 2nd/3rd time I used it! Black interior shows every little speck, nearly impossible to keep looking clean. A/C vents aren't placed well, it's hard to get air to blow right on you.

The iPod add-on! Tire pressure warning light is a plus. Hatchback w/ lowering back seats comes in handy. Little storage cut-outs under the back floor. Stereo lid/cover (I have had no problems w/ it). Huge glovebox. Interior lights look nice at night. Ability to customize is a plus.

The iPod interface is cumbersome to navigate, I nearly flip my car every time I want to change songs, more distracting than talking on a cell phone! Factory stereo is quite weak. Glovebox has no light in it. Side storage compartments are nearly useless because of the placement of the side speakers!

The Best Car To Buy
By Play Boy69

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion tC is not only a good looking car but it is very fuel efficient and also low in cost so it's perfect for everyone.

The premium stereo and the engine.

Even more fuel efficient and more room.

Great car!
By Jarman

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems so far with my tC. I am currently averaging 27.5 MPG which is great since I drive a mix between highway and city. The car rides very smooth, and gets going really quick. The look is classy yet sporty. Lots of room in the back for people and storage. Headroom for rear passengers is the only problem I could say.

All the standard features, which include a number of features.

More rear headspace.

My Scion experience
By ScionIsLife

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is exceptional in corners, and the feel of the road you get in the wheel is exciting. The inner design of the vehicle when you look out immerses you in its whole driving experience. Though I'm usually distracted with all the buttons and plentiful doo-dads, sometimes I do realize that I am driving, and possibly should stop playing around with it. The car is so much fun to drive, what I described to you is a day-to-day occurance. I don't think I could have picked a more tailored-fit car to my needs and get more than I expected for a very fair price.

Front retracting moonroof, rear still-moon roof. Driver seat adjustments for pitch and thigh support (which really helps you relax your legs while shifting) makes it a much more enjoyable drive. Also the auto up and down window buttons make it so easy to drive and shift after opening or closing them.

Possibly lowering the height of the inner sill of the windows, makes it a bit uncomfortable to put your arm up and steer with that hand. It seems to feel like it's too much of a reach, and silly if you do. Given the handling and acceleration of the car; disappointing the car isn't over 200hp.