Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Never Again
By Scion H8er

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car without even test driving it. After a year, I have noticed problems with it. When you see a Scion, you think it would be a fun driving experience, after a year, I have came to conclusion that it is not much of a driving experience and the styling seems to be a bit bland. Reliability has been top notch but materials do not seem to be top notch.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

For the money...
By Tankery

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't find a half way sporty car for under 20 grand until this came along. It's bland yet cute and has some nice amenities like the glass roof and MP3 output, mp3 CD player - woo hoo!

Favorite Features

A nice kick to it. Nice semi-notchy shifter, a tiny sport rumble. Almost good gas mileage - I get right at 30. Handles cool for the most part.

Suggested Improvements

No one touch passenger side window down. I hate this. Lunges ignorantly out of 1st gear-clutch-engine? Stop it! The seats refuse to return to anywhere near where you left them if someone gets in the back! Cryptic up/down arrows for air/stereo etc. Air conditioner is weak.

It just LOOKS nice
By Alicia

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion after 2 test drives and I liked everything about it, the look, features, performance, price etc. However I was disappointed when I began hearing squeaking near the radio and rattling all over the place. After just 7 months I had a problem with a fuse. When I turned on my headlights all of my interior lights would turn off, my car was pitch black at night. Another big disappointment was the weak AC. It blows mildly cool air on the coldest setting. This car has heavy doors and paint that chips/scratches easily. I have to say that aside from all the imperfections the car is pretty decent on gas mileage and the sunroof is a good feature. I guess you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, satellite ready radio, several small storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality of the car, especially the air conditioner.

By far my favorite!!!
By Heather

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my favorite purchase ever! I was looking for something smaller and a little sportier and I couldn't be happier. It has just enough cargo room and I'm surprised at what I've been able to fit in the trunk when I put the back seats down. The doors are nice and long which makes it easy for people to get into the back seat. I have to say that I'm really happy with the amount of interior storage spaces and cup holders, my friends and I use my car to go everywhere and we're always comfortable and we have a lot of fun. The only thing I miss about my previous car is the automatic headlights. When I first bought this car, I kept forgetting to turn the headlights on and off.

Favorite Features

The front retractable sun roof and the rear moon roof. It's fun to drive and has great pick up. I love the steering wheel radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wiper would be helpful, center console is a little noisy at higher speeds, automatic headlights.

Good car
By jason

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very sleek car. The only thing I don't like is there is too much body roll and it could use about 30 to 40 more hp without having to buy a supercharger. All in all, it's a good car in its price range.

Favorite Features

The giant moon roof and the console.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power under the hood, at least 30 to 40 hp.