2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
I Love My tC
By quickchix on 11/29/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Scion for a little over a year! I love this car. I was in love with it from the first time I saw a tC! Especially the tC With all the upgrades! It has great power for the import class. This is my first 5-speed and it is so smooth and easy to learn. It handles great and the 5-speed is a BLAST to drive The interior is HUGE for a car this small. It has plenty of room for four adults. With all the standard options plus all the add ons the car is still affordable and is backed by Toyota's reliability. It doesn't get any better than that! If I had to buy another car iI would most definitely buy this car all over again! I fall in love with it every time i drive it!

Not perfect, but good for the price
By Sean on 11/29/06 05:35 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My tC is apparently one of many that I have heard have a squeak in the dash right off the showroom floor. It comes and goes depending on road conditions but for a new car is very annoying and concerns me about the build quality comparing this, my first Toyota, to other cars I have owned. The gas mileage is also a little disappointing given that the car is a small 4-cyl. coupe. The car is wonderfully fun to drive and very comfortable over distances. I have a 100 mile a day commute and other than the squeaking love this car. The dealer would probably fix it no problem but they only do this type of work M-F and I do not live near the town I bought it in and would have to take off the day.

Fun to drive?!
By Unhappybuyer on 11/22/06 14:43 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Reading most of these reviews here, I can't help wondering WHAT everyone else was driving before they bought a tC. If they think this car is fun to drive, and HANDLES well - they must have been driving an SUV or a minivan previously. Yes, it handles well compared to a vehicle like this with a horrible center of gravity - but the point is, it's a sport coupe - it has too much body roll and the suspension makes it feel like you're driving a large sedan. I feel like I might as well be driving a Camry (possibly one of the most boring cars on the road). I guess it depends heavily on previous experiences - but this car does not handle WELL at all - and feels dangerously unsure in hard cornering.

Scion tC Ratting
By SUE YANG on 11/21/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle from my experience, is very great car, because the handling of it is pretty good, it is very nice looking, the seats are very soft, and it gets good gas mileage for a 2.4L. The only thing that I don't like is the brakes are too sqishy. Toyota needs to work on the brakes. Other than that the car is very good.

Best Car that I have Ever Purchased
By Crystal on 11/21/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Scion tC. It drives so smoothly. I caught myself driving 85 MPH on the freeway and didn't even know it. It is so quiet and smooth. The gas is very touchy though. I have a manual so It is a little different than what I am used to. I think who ever buys this vehicle will be very happy with it. I know I am.

I Love This Car!
By Crystal on 11/16/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Scion tC. I was thinking about getting the xB but the more I looked at it the more it resembled a lunch box...so I'm glad I opted for the better model. The tC is very roomy and comfortable, has good gas mileage, and a great sound system (I got the upgrade). I love the panoramic roof even though I have to rain-x the whole top of the car. I love the sporty design with the pedestal spoiler (a must, the car looks weird w/o it), and I can throw my massage table right in with no problem with the huge area of storage with the hatchback design. A++++

Too Cheap!
By Bob on 11/14/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted Toyota quality, what I got was Toyota cheap! This car has too much plastic (for example, its all along the sides below the door and quarter panels), too much emphasis on youth chic and not enough hallmark Toyota quality. No wonder they invented a new brand. The radio pops whenever you turn it on after a short delay because of poor integration of the factory amplifier option. This occurs on every Scion with a factory installed amp. When I first got it, the radio popped every time I changed stations! It also has cheap sheet metal that pops from the slightest pressure. I thought I was going to dent the hood, hatchback and doors a couple of times when I first waxed it. The whole roof is glass. On the plus side it is fun to drive.

I Love My Scallion
By drew06371 on 11/11/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. It's powerful enough and it handles very well. I love the style and there's plenty of room for four adults.

Not Much Fun
By Dan on 11/09/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really want to like this car, but I can't help feeling I made a horrible decision here. There's nothing actually WRONG with this car, it's just that after a few months driving it, I've realized that I've just bought a pretty standard economy car, the number one issue being that it's no fun to drive at all. It has good power for such a cheap car, but unfortunately it's suspension is way too soft, it leans too much in corners, and it's isolated from the road like a sedan, instead of a sports coupe. I like to hear some noise and feel some bumps, and I like hard solid suspension so I feel confident in corners. Put the Mazda3's suspension on this car and it'd be perfect for the price.

Cool Car
By scion07tc on 11/07/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car that you would want to drive. The only reason you wouldn't want to drive this car is only because you're used to high high quality cars i.e. Porsche. But overall, this car is fun, looks good, and is reliable. I love this car so far and future modifications will make it even more fun!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.