Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great car for the price
By RT

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. This car is actually heavier (at nearly 4,000 lbs.) than my Saab 900. It handles and performs well for its weight/power distribution. Cargo space is wonderful but you wouldn't want this car if you are a 6 footer. First gear is very high and the clutch does not engage smoothly in low gears. (first and second). Mileage is good but not great in this day and age. I consistently get 30 mpg. The material which covers the dash board was warped on the passenger side from new. Scion refuses to honor this as a warranty issue. No biggie.

Favorite Features

Flat folding rear seats and iPod capability. State of the art styling. Glass roof. Wheels and tires. Resale value. Ability to upgrade with dealer supplied options. For now, it seems like it's going to last a long time.

Suggested Improvements

More knowledgable CS reps at the Scion toll free number. Improve fuel economy by 5mpg. Extend warranty to 48/50k. Remote rear hatch release lever!!

Reliable Car
By DMWilks

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion back in June of 07. I have had NO problems with it. I disagree that the car handles bad in the rain. I live in florida where it rains a lot and I feel pretty safe when I drive it. It is a peppy little car when needed. There is a lot of room for rear passengers and I love the sleek looking silver accents . Great car for the money.

Favorite Features

Lots of room in the truck area, very easy to handle, sleek silver accents.

Suggested Improvements

I had a few drops of rain get on the seat and it looks like I have small stains now (better fabric would be nice).

Great car
By Oconnell

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the style and it was cheap. I've had the car almost a year with no problems at all... all the talks of rattles and squeaks almost turned me off to the car but I've yet to hear anything.

Favorite Features

Price, trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Fabric, and dashboard material (hard to clean).

Very nice car
By joetowntc

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car at all. I bought it 2 months ago and already have 4000 miles on it and the only thing that has gone wrong is a clutch cable had to be adjusted because I tried power shifting it a couple of times. It is a great buy for the price. It doesn't jerk out of any gear, you just need to learn how to drive a manual. The clutch is a little touchy but once you get used to it, it's awesome. You can put the power to the wheels in an instant.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, glass top of car, customizing possibilities, lightweight, and the price.

Suggested Improvements

The stock stereo could be a little louder, the iPod plug in could be in a better location, the seats don't go back where they were when people get in back.

Good Buy
By Rick

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first "brand new" vehicle after many years of battling the constant problems of the unreliability of my other used vehicles. I am ultimately happy with my purchase have no regrets. I love how tight the car drives and how versatile it is since all seat can fold completely flat. It also has ample leg room in the back for passengers and the reclining rear seats are also a plus! Gas mileage is decent considering it's a 2.4L, and one touch windows and a stylish sunroof also are an added plus. It has all the bells and whistles you can ask for within this price point and it is pretty sporty looking sitting on 17" wheels and can go pretty good with 161HP. All not bad for under $17k.

Favorite Features

MP3 CD player, aux input for mp3 players, steering wheel audio controls, decent 4 cylinder power, versatility, reclining of all 4 seats, and comfort on long rides.

Suggested Improvements

One touch sunroof, rear wiper, heated side mirrors, and better MPG if possible. Bumper guards along each side of the car to absorb impacts from opening doors from other cars (irritating when others dent your car) .