2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great car but not for all
By buckeyedrifter on 06/17/14 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had to get rid of my TC 2.5 years because of an accident so I figured now would be a good time to write a review. Things I liked: Fun car to drive Great car to learn/relearn manual Very flexible so easy to haul big things Things I didn't like: Not very good in rain/snow Tires wore out too quickly Mileage would go down unless driven on perfect road Bottom line: This is a great car for a small commute and if you want to learn manual. But there are better cars IMO. I bought this car after having a 97 Civic for 9 years and the Civic would drive no differently rain or shine and I always got the same mileage even with my foot all the way down. Tuner parts are expensive too.

great car for the price
By twingo on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive 90 miles round trip for work and got 32 mpg. now I do more city driving and get about 25 mpg. With 92K on the odometer it still has lots of power and quiet engine. It is great car on smooth roads but kinda choppy on bumpy ones. Plenty of leg room even in the back seat but head room is tight in back. Fun to drive and sound system is great. Good car for price.

It's not bad
By Chris on 03/05/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in March 07. Haven't put a dime into it yet, I love Toyota's. Probably won't ever own anything but. I like the car over all, but for New England driving it isn't to practical. Has never failed me, but I would definitely like to see improvements in future generation tc's.

It is what it is
By Jacob on 06/09/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Now, first off, I am sick of people complaining on here about the mileage, yes, it is a small car, and the Corolla does get better mileage, but this car has a 2.4L engine, and the Corolla has a 1.8L on 95% of them. And, most people complaining are driving it to hard, that's the problem. Secondly, complaining about rattles? Well, when you buy a cheap compact car....that is what you get, thats why Mercedes cost a lot. This car gives you what you need, a GREAT sound system, PHENOMENAL Wheels, DAZZLING looks, SURPRISING Space and Comfort, and 60 cubic feet of space when the rear seats fold down flat....it is practical and sporty. This car DESTROYS the Civic Si, because the Si is more expensive..

Great Car For The Money
By mtown1890 on 04/13/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best cars on the market under 20Grand.Plenty of available features, Smooth shifting transmission, nice sound system. Plenty of room for customization. Great entry level performance car.

Pro's and Con's
By James on 02/20/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the way the outside of the car has been styled and when I got in i quickly fell in love with the way the car was put together. I like how the dash wraps around the driver making all of the controls easily accessible. the standard features of the car are awesome; moon/sunroof, power windows and locks, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and alloy wheels.

Pleasantly surprised...
By Bobbyb38 on 01/03/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car recently while waiting for my 04 Cavalier to get serviced yet again. I fell in love with this car from the moment I saw it and was stunned at how fun it was to drive. Tight handling, good acceleration, and really cool dash features. Needless to say I traded in my Chevy and am so glad I did. There is simply no comparison in my opinion when driving a Toyota and a GM made car. The difference in quality was apparent as soon as I opened the door. Just a solidly built car with quality parts thru out. If you want a reliable car that's fun to drive, buy this car today!

not your fathers toyota
By not-a-kid on 12/11/08 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Read previous reviews. I have experienced some of the problems, poor clutch feel out of first, radio door cover squeak, road noise with sunroof open but overall a good looking fun car with good economy and reliability. One feature no one has mentioned is easy access to the oil filter. I can change the oil without lifting the car. Try that on your civic/rsx! Could use a rear wiper and more LEDs on the high mount tailight.

Potential but lacks power!
By Bulgdoom on 12/10/08 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Has one of the best designs out there with a nice sport coupe. Quality is overall nice and good value for the money. Engine seems outdated and suited more for trucks with high torque maximized at 4,000 rpm and overall poor mpg for this type of car. Engine seems to run at high RPM for cruising speeds, could use a 6th gear and a more refined clutch.Weight is relatively low but there are some blind spots which may get in the way. Its very fun to drive but performance is a bit low for a 2.4L engine compared to other cars such as the Audi and VW which get over 200hp and torque with 2L engines while receiving same or better mpg.

Rattles and Rattles but Good Reliability
By Tib on 11/24/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a poorly made car but reliable as all can be. After the first month my radio door started squeaking. The first day that it was below 25 degrees you could hear what sounds to be a bolt snapping against the windshield...3 warranty claims later and still does it. The drivers mirror vibrated like you wouldn't believe so that was replaced under warranty. The trunk rattles so much it will make you go mad. The gears are too small, with a different 5th gear this car would easily get 40+mpg. At 70mph in fifth I'm at 3700rpm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone with my experience without corrections to these areas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.