2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great car but not for all
By buckeyedrifter on 06/17/14 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had to get rid of my TC 2.5 years because of an accident so I figured now would be a good time to write a review. Things I liked: Fun car to drive Great car to learn/relearn manual Very flexible so easy to haul big things Things I didn't like: Not very good in rain/snow Tires wore out too quickly Mileage would go down unless driven on perfect road Bottom line: This is a great car for a small commute and if you want to learn manual. But there are better cars IMO. I bought this car after having a 97 Civic for 9 years and the Civic would drive no differently rain or shine and I always got the same mileage even with my foot all the way down. Tuner parts are expensive too.

OK car
By janno95 on 11/04/13 15:15 PM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 scion tc when it had 167k miles on it 2 years ago. I currently have 216k on it and it was running very good until my oil light came on. Come to find out Scion has a recall on the engine for OLDER scions. The mechanic I talked to said this would be a problem as the cars got more miles on them. Also, my car was awful in the rain and snow.

So far has been a great ride!!!
By sizzletyme06 on 09/22/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2007 TC about a month and a half ago with 81,000 miles on it. I've put a little over 4,000 on it with no problems as of yet and drive about 60 -70 miles a day round trip to work getting right around 30 mpg. Love the handling and acceleration, car looks great, constantly getting compliments and looks where ever I go. I'm 6'5" and think that the car has plenty of room for the driver but is a bit tight in the back seat. Smoking in the car is nearly impossible though. The ashes come right back into the car and is nearly unavoidable so am finding myself cleaning the interior quite a bit which isn't very fun but all cars have there down fall and not everyone smokes! lol

07 Scion tC
By ts1989 on 08/20/13 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC used with 120,000 in March of 2013...figured it would be beneficial to write a review about a used one. No issues with the car for the first 10,000 miles, then my engine failed at 131,000. I understand it was used but with a Toyota engine...kinda surprised me. This was a car I always wanted, and I loved having it. Acceleration was pretty awesome (roommate had a Volks Jetta turbo and I smoked him) and the handling was good, even with it "having been around the block". The sunroof was amazing, although like others I too did have issues with the rattling. My suggestion: if you're looking for a used one, get it mechanically checked before buying!

Awesome car!
By kellyen on 02/12/12 10:21 AM (PST)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Honestly, if you are thinking about getting this car, get it. I had it for 4 years, been through 4 accidents, then it finally got totaled last week when some woman on drugs hit me on the highway. The first response people thought I was dead or badly injured. I walked out w/o a scratch. The car took all of the damage. This car is VERY safe and I'd recommend it to anyone. I just bought a 2009 Scion tC to replace it because I liked the 07 so much. **I would not recommend this car to a tall person. I'm 5'4" and the car was perfect for me, but my taller friends were a little uncomfortable.**

You Get Your Bang for Your Buck!
By cj2007 on 09/11/11 01:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my super white 2007 TC! I like the exterior and interior design. After I added the lip spoiler and limousine black tints, the look of the TC went from nice to fab! Those minor tweaks made the look sporty and high-end. Definitely get a lot of compliments on my TC. For people who don't know how much a TC cost, they thought my car was over $30,000.

great car for the price
By twingo on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive 90 miles round trip for work and got 32 mpg. now I do more city driving and get about 25 mpg. With 92K on the odometer it still has lots of power and quiet engine. It is great car on smooth roads but kinda choppy on bumpy ones. Plenty of leg room even in the back seat but head room is tight in back. Fun to drive and sound system is great. Good car for price.

<3 this car! Especially if you're short!
By Brooke on 05/05/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC new and have had it for 3 years. I love it! It has some flaws, but overall it's a great car. If you live in New England get snow tires (I recommend Blizzaks) or else you'll never get anywhere with the stock tires. The ride is a bit harsh/loud. It always jerks when I first press on the gas if I don't purposely ease into it more than usual (others who drive my car would agree). I notice a little rattling with the sunroof from time to time - no big deal. The seal above the windshield comes up sometimes after a car wash. Paint does catch a lot of road dust/bugs, but I recently clay barred it and it looks new! Love my under dash/cupholder lights! Lots of comments all around! :)

Scion experience
By ali on 03/29/10 22:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love my scion, bought it brand new upon trading in a toyota celica 02, have never had any problems its holds up to the rigid expectations of the toyota name. Tires have air pressure sensors on them which are too sensitive for the CO climate but otherwise the car is reliable fuel efficient quick comfortable and has maximized its space. Would like to see a more classy interior vs the plastic dash etc but after adding window tint and a spoiler the car looks sweet. The tires (yokohama stock) were extremely pricy when time to replace. otherwise no complaints.

Good car for the money
By tcowner on 03/29/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used and love it! The tC is such a good-looking vehicle, great for the money, and a lot of fun to drive. For a little 4cyl car it has plenty of pep. It handles well. I've only had one problem with the car so far. I had some little LED lights go out on my headlights. Granted, these headlights were aftermarket, so it's not Toyota's fault. Friends love riding in it. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do get a lot of second looks in this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.