2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Years of Homework Pay Off

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Years of Homework Pay Off
By Steve C on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When looking for a new car, I had a little list of things that I was looking for 1) Looks 2) Reliability 3) Good gas mileage 4) Fun to drive. The car that always seemed to stand out was the Scion tC. What put the tC over the top for me was the Release Series 2.0. The color is awesome and the alcantara seats are just as great. Mechanically, the car is solid. It's definitely not a sports car, but drives extremely smoothly and quiet. Its handling is OK, but accurate. There is a lot more room on the inside than it looks. The back seats have tons of leg and hip room, but the head room is a little lacking. This is a great daily driver that gives you what you need and some stuff you want without costing a ton. If you see many tCs on the road, it's for a reason.

Favorite Features

I love the Blitz Blue Mica color and Alcantara seats. The iPod head unit, reclining rear Seats, flat folding rear seats, very sleek exterior, and quiet interior are great, too.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage can get rough if you drive it pretty hard. The first month or so I was babying it and got about 30 mpg. Now I'm getting 24ish. That radio cover needs to go. They need to put some lights inside the glove compartment and glove box. Change the orange LED colors on the gauges.