2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Worth every penny

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Worth every penny
By luvcars32 on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Racked up 112,000 mile on my '06 tC, and never had 1 mechanical issue with it! I replaced the clutch after 80,000 miles, and that's it. Truth be told, this is a fun little car to drive and I beat on mine quite a bit. The reason for my review is, I was weary about Scion, because they were new. I bought it because it's a Toyota. Since they had done away with their sporty cars, I took my chances on this. I'm so glad I did. It was maintained with proper flushes, oil changes, tires and brakes, and never had gave me any mechanical issues.

FAVS: Love the look #1 (personal opinion) Also, the back seat is great, the front seats come all the way up, which allowed me to stand in the back. It made it easy to change my son, when he was a baby.

Although you get the dependability of a Toyota, once you own the car, you can see where they lack on the quality. My seal for the sunroof would start to come off, which sounded horrible when it would catch wind. Once, I literally rubbed a curb and my bumper bracket completely broke. Made my car look like crap. The biggest complaint, is the seperate piece that houses the lisc. plate light. That broke shortly after purchasing the car. It cost me $100 to replace. Not happy. I hope they've improved that on newer models. Lastly, quirky thing...my stereo would change stations when it was too cold outside.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review