2006 Scion tC 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a great car!

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What a great car!
By djglass on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Forget "great car for the money," this is a great car period! It's has great acceleration, handles decently, shifts like a hot knife through warm butter, gets good fuel milage, tons of standard features, booming system, etc. Considering that you walk out the door (tax, licence, etc. included) for under 18K this car cannot be beat! I test drove a Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Acura RSX, and Hyundai Tiberon (all more expensive with the features I wanted) and although they are all great car and were fun to drive, I couldn't ignore the value of the tC vs. the competition.

Favorite Features

Interior is smart and well laid out. Quiet interior even at high speed. Great sound system thumps inside the car. Low gearing and a torquey engine make this car leap out of the gates and keeps you in the back of your seat until 80MPH. Decent handling keeps you pasted to road up to 45MPH.

Suggested Improvements

A six-speed manual would be a welcome addition. The supercharger would be great if they ever released it. A touch more headroom would be nice but I fit reasonably well (I am over 6' and 200lbs). The A/C could use a boost, it gets hot here and the A/C barely keeps up.