Solid car
By pakman7 on
2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I've had it for 5+ years and it was my 1st big purchase after college. It's been good but I've had similar problems as some of the other posts written. Biggest problem was water pump going out at 67k, luckly it didn't heat and part was inexpensive. read trunk latch broke off, sunroof doesn't close all the way unless I hold down the wind blocker. Front seats don't go back to original position when accessing the back seat. Fun to drive tho and fairly roomy for a coupe, great on gas (avg 27 mpgs for me). The car also comes with good options in a standard package and has retained its value. Which is good cuz I'm ready to move on from coupes, tired of 2 doors and poor vision in coupes.
Favorite Features
solid drive, well equipped in a standard package, great as mileage. spacious for a coupe and I'm over 6ft.
Suggested Improvements
Front seats should go back to original position when accessing back seat. Sun roof should close properly. Rear gate is too heavy and the rubber sticks so becomes hard to open at times, which led to trunk latch breaking.