2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Solid and stylish car, incredi

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Solid and stylish car, incredible value
By SeeTedRun on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Contrary to the information I entered, I own a 2005 Scion TC that I purchased in November of '04 (for some reason, I was not able to enter this info). I've owned the car for a little over six months now and I have to say that I've been thrilled with my purchase. For one, the tC is an exceptional value. I paid just under $18,000 for a Silver- Streak, automatic transmission model with the optional airbag package (well worth the $600 and change for the safety...not to mention peace of mind). Every time I get in the car, I'm impressed with it's overall build quality, smooth operation, German-esque ride, and impressive array of standard features. I test drove a tC and Civic...EASY decision.

Two panel, panoramic sunroof; impressive Pioneer CD audio system (6 speaker set-up with component tweeters); power up and down windows; gorgeous 17 in. allow wheels; auto on/off headlights; folding rear seats; optional airbag package is a good value; strong, torquey 2.4 liter I-4; BMW like ride.

Telescoping steering wheel would be great (long reach with the seat all the way back); sportier at the limit handling (I think the accessory TRD shocks and springs would take care of that, though); a little more headroom (or lower seat) would be great (I BARELY fit at 6'5" with a long torso).