2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: great car bad motor!

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

great car bad motor!
By She on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased it on my birthday as a gift to me! This was my first big car purchase. It had 40,000 mi on it and I loved the color, speed, drive and all. I absolutely loved my car! But after having it for not even two years the motor fails! Its only has 68,000 miles on it and it has a blown head gasket and a leaky water pump! Yea I know that's the same thing I said! A Toyota mechanic told me that there was nothing that I could have done to stop this from preventing because it is a manufacture problem! My car went thru the "good will" warranty review and got declined because I have never previously owned a Toyota, Lexus or scion and because I dont get dealership services!

Color, speed, and drive, . I love the space in the back. It was big enough for me and my 180 lb rotti to lay in.

interior scratches easily, warranty needs to be increased and first time buyers should be treated better, better quality of machinery and company loyalty to customers!
By ilajna
on 03/28/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

I don't understand why everyone is giving this car 4-5 stars, and then mentioning such major problems in the written review. Its pretty misleading to some one who's trying to get a real idea of the car's quality.... it broke down at 68k miles and you still gave it 4.5 stars!