Awsome Sound Machine
By TheCheese on
2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car for 2 reasons. #1 interior shape (hatchback) for a 3 subwoofer horn loaded configuration and #2 price since I was putting $7K into the sound system. 2000 W into 2x10" + 1x15" sub with 9 cabin speakers custom door pods and Morel dome/MB Quart Premium speakers - awesome sound quality. Professionally installed by the owner of Audio North West, the sound system is Incredible (and I have a lot of audio stuff for comparison). A side benefit is the ride. Hard corners a bit soft but good controlled drift w/e-brake, will install sport suspension. Minor tuning mods, upgrading to 18" XXR rims and Potenza tires this week. AWESOME platform for REAL car audio and it has enough kick - FUN
Favorite Features
The horn shape of the hatchback with the 3 subs facing back at an angle forms the wave correctly and sounds like the subs are up front. Soundstage with the Morel domes in pods built on the side mirror caps is incredible. I commute 2 hrs a day so you can understand why the audio is VERY important.
Suggested Improvements
Interior build quality should be improved. Rattles in several places, but I push the vehicle to the max. My Ex-wife says I am in my second childhood at 54 - but what the heck, I was too broke at 18 to afford $7,000 in audio gear. Scion should look at better speaker placement for the OEM install.