Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

instant attitude.
By ikbot

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for two years now and I am ready to write a review. The low sloping roof reminds me of the custom 1950s mercs. The monster sunroofs add to the attitude. As far as performance goes, I have no complaints. The manual transmission model comes with a 4:20 final gear ratio. (them's drag racing gears). The 5 speed can take a little bit to get used to with the electronic throttle control, but once you get it figured out you will own the road. To sum it up, this is the best car I have ever owned. If this car were $5,000 more, I would pay it and still be just as content. As far as fuel economy goes.I have averaged 40 mpg on long trips at 65 mph. Much better than advertised.

I-pod interface. Not just a line in but a real interface. This should be a standard feature on every car by now, but the tc is one of a small few I have seen it on so far.

Rear window wiper. That's it.

Odd?
By Butler

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I searched for three months through all the newspaper adds, eBay, dealerships, and craigslist for this vehicle. In my findings I found that there are a lot with salvaged titles or accidents with the TC. Most of these accidents are from a front-end collision. Makes me wonder if there is an issue with its braking system. Either way, I don’t know enough about cars to research the idea. It Could just be that its fun to drive and fast, so people get in a lot of accidents.It is odd though?!?!?

Interior is different in a nice way. I like the idea of stock rims. The exterior is very slick and the car is affordable to most people.

People are into being different. So the they should add more special features and option. Maybe stock body kits, variety of new/different colors, and spoilers.

Fun little car...
By Nicole

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for just over three weeks, I bought it at a Toyota dealer with 7,500 on it. I traded in a 02 Pontiac Grand Am GT in on this car, and do not regret it at all. This car picks up as fast if not faster than my old car(which had 175 HP), gets better gas mileage, and handles better. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car already-and have taken it on a road trip (the seats were very comfortable for a longer drive). I wanted a car that I would be able to keep for at least 3 years without getting sick of it-I think that I made a great choice.

Sunroof, IPod hookup, Satellite radio ready, turning signals on side mirrors, 17 inch rims, and reclining back seats.

Stronger sound system!

Such a nice car for what it costs.
By joe

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tC until last week when it got wrecked at a car wash. I was so sad to see my car getting totaled right in front of my eyes. Anyways, this car has been an awesome experience and gave me lots and lots of fun while driving it. It had good power and maintained a decent fuel effeciency. It also added in a lot of standard features which is impossible to be equipped at the price with any other makes. Finally, it looks great inside and out and hasn't caused a single problem for over two years. Toyota has done a hell of a job.

Sunroof, MP3 player, aux input, side mirror signal, 17 in. alloy wheels, power window on both sides and much more.

Would've been better with a couple of inches in the back with more cargo space and better look, 6-speed manual could've been perfect.

Excellent first car
By BigBoi

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Scion was my first car. All I can say is wow, this car is amazing. I literally can't keep myself out of it, and all I want to do is drive it. Great speed and pickup, as well as good fuel economy. It looks great including the standard 17'' rims. The only thing I don't really like concerning the tC is the steering wheel and the sound system. The steering wheel is relatively small, which causes a larger turning radius.

Stock features, front bucket seats, standard 17" rims, roomy front seats, interior design inside and out.

The Scion sound system is a joke. Better turning radius.