Used 2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Drove It And Gifted It
By jayadler1

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

June 22, 2008 Let me preface my remarks by clearly indicating that I am very high on Toyota and at my age cannot remember how many Corollas and Camrys I have owned and enjoyed as being totally reliable and satisfying in every aspect of design and and engineering. The chronicle of events with my Scion purchase I think was unique to say the least. I really only had one solitary reason for giving it away after about 1 year of driving it and I am suggesting that the logic was personal and not applicable to all Scion drivers I never sat in the car before purchase. I am a man who is 190 lbs and wears a 44 Suit. Nobody has ever suggested a need for weight loss.That means I need a lot of room. jayadler1

Favorite Features

Really, a lot of fun driving and responsive to the max. Devastating appearance, comments flying everywhere you travel with the Scion.

Suggested Improvements

Build it roomier so that four people can ride comfortably and in doing so expand your market.

Lovin' the TC
By JT

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for about 2 and half years now. I absolutely love it! The backseat is roomier than my friend's Corolla, the interior and exterior design is refreshing and cute, and the ride is unbelievably smooth and quiet. I still get second glances at my car- -and it's over two years old! I've never had a single problem out of it. The features that are found on the TC are amazing and unrivaled by any other small car (Satellite interface, plenty of aux. ports, 17" rims, power side mirrors, turn signal on side mirrors,etc). The car has some serious pep, the air conditioning works like a charm, and the handling is great! Even the gas mileage is pretty darn decent! Such a great lil car!

Favorite Features

I enjoy the double moon roof/sunroof (though the sunroof can be a little loud). My fiance and friends are in love with the reclining backseats. I love the built-in XM, the extra hidden charging ports, and the fact that you can program the radio screen to greet you when the car turns on.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a back windshield wiper! Also, while the quality of the mechanical and design aspects of the TC are wonderful, the quality of the build is not as great. The paint chips easily, and some of the plastic pieces scratch/bend/pop up just a little too easily. Also, the brakes lock up easily!

instant attitude.
By ikbot

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for two years now and I am ready to write a review. The low sloping roof reminds me of the custom 1950s mercs. The monster sunroofs add to the attitude. As far as performance goes, I have no complaints. The manual transmission model comes with a 4:20 final gear ratio. (them's drag racing gears). The 5 speed can take a little bit to get used to with the electronic throttle control, but once you get it figured out you will own the road. To sum it up, this is the best car I have ever owned. If this car were $5,000 more, I would pay it and still be just as content. As far as fuel economy goes.I have averaged 40 mpg on long trips at 65 mph. Much better than advertised.

Favorite Features

I-pod interface. Not just a line in but a real interface. This should be a standard feature on every car by now, but the tc is one of a small few I have seen it on so far.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window wiper. That's it.

Odd?
By Butler

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I searched for three months through all the newspaper adds, eBay, dealerships, and craigslist for this vehicle. In my findings I found that there are a lot with salvaged titles or accidents with the TC. Most of these accidents are from a front-end collision. Makes me wonder if there is an issue with its braking system. Either way, I donít know enough about cars to research the idea. It Could just be that its fun to drive and fast, so people get in a lot of accidents.It is odd though?!?!?

Favorite Features

Interior is different in a nice way. I like the idea of stock rims. The exterior is very slick and the car is affordable to most people.

Suggested Improvements

People are into being different. So the they should add more special features and option. Maybe stock body kits, variety of new/different colors, and spoilers.

Fun little car...
By Nicole

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for just over three weeks, I bought it at a Toyota dealer with 7,500 on it. I traded in a 02 Pontiac Grand Am GT in on this car, and do not regret it at all. This car picks up as fast if not faster than my old car(which had 175 HP), gets better gas mileage, and handles better. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car already-and have taken it on a road trip (the seats were very comfortable for a longer drive). I wanted a car that I would be able to keep for at least 3 years without getting sick of it-I think that I made a great choice.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, IPod hookup, Satellite radio ready, turning signals on side mirrors, 17 inch rims, and reclining back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger sound system!