Used 2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Mixed Feelings
By las_crg

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tC a little over a year and have had no problems out of it whatsoever. It is still very fun to drive, even after having it a year. It is pretty spacious for a two-door car, but I will stick to four-doors from now on. It is a smooth, comfortable ride with no rattling or shaking. I just calculated my MPG and got about 28 city, 31 hwy, which is good but could be better for a small car. The sound system is great and the pioneer CD player and speakers are very high quality. The road noise is relatively quiet for having low- profile tires. Despite its sporty look, the steering is not very nimble. Overall, I have enjoyed my car, but it could definitely use some improvement.

Great Pickup Decent gas mileage Good sound system Comfortable seating Sleek, sporty look

More head room in back More nimble handling Back windshield wiper Better quality exterior (paint chips and exterior dents very easily) cazs

i love this car
By khendrix

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely LOVE this car! I am having to sell mine because my husband and I have another baby on the way and having a 2 door isn't practical. When I was buying a car it was between the acura two door car and the scion. The scion tC won because it is so roomy even for such a little car. The interior looks amazing and it is so easy to clean. It has great pick up and it is so much fun to drive. Even my 52 year old dad loves to drive this car. Awesome little car!

seat material, stereo, interior design

Awsome Sound Machine
By TheCheese

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for 2 reasons. #1 interior shape (hatchback) for a 3 subwoofer horn loaded configuration and #2 price since I was putting $7K into the sound system. 2000 W into 2x10" + 1x15" sub with 9 cabin speakers custom door pods and Morel dome/MB Quart Premium speakers - awesome sound quality. Professionally installed by the owner of Audio North West, the sound system is Incredible (and I have a lot of audio stuff for comparison). A side benefit is the ride. Hard corners a bit soft but good controlled drift w/e-brake, will install sport suspension. Minor tuning mods, upgrading to 18" XXR rims and Potenza tires this week. AWESOME platform for REAL car audio and it has enough kick - FUN

The horn shape of the hatchback with the 3 subs facing back at an angle forms the wave correctly and sounds like the subs are up front. Soundstage with the Morel domes in pods built on the side mirror caps is incredible. I commute 2 hrs a day so you can understand why the audio is VERY important.

Interior build quality should be improved. Rattles in several places, but I push the vehicle to the max. My Ex-wife says I am in my second childhood at 54 - but what the heck, I was too broke at 18 to afford $7,000 in audio gear. Scion should look at better speaker placement for the OEM install.

Drove It And Gifted It
By jayadler1

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

June 22, 2008 Let me preface my remarks by clearly indicating that I am very high on Toyota and at my age cannot remember how many Corollas and Camrys I have owned and enjoyed as being totally reliable and satisfying in every aspect of design and and engineering. The chronicle of events with my Scion purchase I think was unique to say the least. I really only had one solitary reason for giving it away after about 1 year of driving it and I am suggesting that the logic was personal and not applicable to all Scion drivers I never sat in the car before purchase. I am a man who is 190 lbs and wears a 44 Suit. Nobody has ever suggested a need for weight loss.That means I need a lot of room.

jayadler1

Really, a lot of fun driving and responsive to the max. Devastating appearance, comments flying everywhere you travel with the Scion.

Build it roomier so that four people can ride comfortably and in doing so expand your market.

Lovin' the TC
By JT

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for about 2 and half years now. I absolutely love it! The backseat is roomier than my friend's Corolla, the interior and exterior design is refreshing and cute, and the ride is unbelievably smooth and quiet. I still get second glances at my car- -and it's over two years old! I've never had a single problem out of it. The features that are found on the TC are amazing and unrivaled by any other small car (Satellite interface, plenty of aux. ports, 17" rims, power side mirrors, turn signal on side mirrors,etc). The car has some serious pep, the air conditioning works like a charm, and the handling is great! Even the gas mileage is pretty darn decent! Such a great lil car!

I enjoy the double moon roof/sunroof (though the sunroof can be a little loud). My fiance and friends are in love with the reclining backseats. I love the built-in XM, the extra hidden charging ports, and the fact that you can program the radio screen to greet you when the car turns on.

I wish it had a back windshield wiper! Also, while the quality of the mechanical and design aspects of the TC are wonderful, the quality of the build is not as great. The paint chips easily, and some of the plastic pieces scratch/bend/pop up just a little too easily. Also, the brakes lock up easily!