2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
More for the Money
By Sean Carroll on 12/15/06 17:26 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like the title says, the Scion tC offers a lot for the money. I have owned my car for about a year and a half now and I couldn't ask for more. The Scion community is amazing and the products and support they offer as upgrades are top of the line. The ease and ability to customize the tC has to be my favorite selling point. I have since added an xB to the family as well as quite a few modifications. Please take the time to test drive this model, you won't regret it.

Very Fun to Drive
By nkparimi on 12/07/06 21:08 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm pretty happy with my decision to buy a tC. It's great fun to drive, handles well, and I adore its looks. I got a rear spoiler, which improves its looks even more. I drive to work every day, and living in a city a coupe comes handy. Of course it could use a little more torque or hp (well, most cars could), but I would like to point out that I often find myself making turns on the highway at over 60 mph. It took me a while to get used to the gearbox (revving up to higher rms makes the gear shifts much smoother). And did I mention the gorgeous sunroof/moonroof?

Happy with My Tc
By DAD on 11/27/06 19:34 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just plain fun to drive, I have had it for about six months and now even my wife (who swears by her F-350 diesel) likes driving it. The car handles very well and while it isn't race ready it moves very well. I am not sure I would buy this in an automatic but I sure like the 5-speed. The sound system is good and there are a lot of nice features. More importantly, there are very few options - the car came with everything I wanted and more.

Scion tC, Center Console FIRE!
By kelswer on 11/18/06 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All around this is a nice car but...its reliability is poor! An iPod plugged in to the center console (designed and factory installed by Toyota) caught fire and caused over $8,000 worth of repairs NOT COVERED BY MY WARRANTY. Toyota blamed it on the iPod which miraculously STILL WORKS! We were told that Toyota had never had any problems with this. My thoughts...there is ALWAYS A FIRST ONE! We will never buy another Toyota.

Great Car!
By Rose on 11/16/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a great, safe and economical car! I bought it for my teenage daughter. I enjoy driving it, and I've always driven Lexus models. We looked at used cars. I could not see buying someone else's problem. Again, this car is very safe and economical. The only negative is the air conditioner is really not good.. It's average in normal heat, but not good at all in extreme heat.

College Student with Hopes
By soros151 on 11/16/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since I saw this vehicle I fell in love with it. At first I found the shifting to be quite smooth, but since I changed the shifter it has a "racer" feeling. Don't get me wrong, I don't street race, I'm truly against it and I work with one association against it. The car feels nimble enough to take on any vehicle, yet balanced enough to be comfortable on the road. If you want an economic car, for under $20,000 and still be able to enjoy going to the track, then this is your car. Don't believe me? Go try one now.

For Older People, too
By Jan Marxreiter on 11/07/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I needed a new car, I checked Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi. My grown son said check out Scion. I had not heard of it. Well, we took it out for a test drive and I was sold. When I test drive, I take my son along and have him drive while I sit in the back seat. If I like a car sitting in the back seat, I know I will like it sitting in the front seat. A year later, I still enjoy driving my Scion so much. My son said that if I decide to get rid of it (ha ha) he gets first right over his three sisters. The price is incredible for all the features you get. One complaint - stop marketing to young people - old people love it too! Thank you Scion! Baby Boomer.

Love It!
By Melanie on 10/28/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tC is an absolutely wonderful car. You can't beat the price for the performance. I always have a lot of fun driving my Scion. I would recommend to anyone. I love styling and the way it handles. If you love to drive you will love this car.

Love It
By navydave on 10/28/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tC is by far the best car I've owned. If you haven't seen one, go check it out. Every corner is a neat feature you rarely find in other hatchbacks. Plus it is really roomy!

Still in Love
By Wendi on 10/26/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even after 15 months of ownership, this car never fails to please. How many cars are this versatile, inexpensive, fun to drive, and gorgeous to look at? The tC is both quick and fuel efficient (I get 28 mpg city). It handles beautifully (even in snow) and is comfortable - my kids love the reclining back seats! With the seats down, the tC functions like a truck, I've hauled an 8 ft. Christmas tree, surfboards, bicycles, you name it! There's plenty of leg room, and the double glass roof visually expands the interior. This car delivers performance, practicality, and style equal to the snob-appeal brands at almost half the price. I've driven everything from a Mercedes to an RX-7 and this car tops them all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.