Used 2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Would be a perfect car for a teenager
By Melissa

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 tc brand new. At first I loved it because of all the options. You really can't get as many for the price. The dual sunroof was really neat, steering wheel controls were nice. Good price and good deal, but too much plastic everywhere. Car is very cookie cutter. The weird cover over the radio always seemed annoying. I got plenty of looks and comments, but all from 16 year old kids when getting my car washed. Had to get rid of it and get an "adult" car. Nice, quick, but VERY TINY little car. Don't expect anyone to get in the back seat. Perfect for a teen, which is what Scion targets anyway...my bad...

Great gas mileage. Good amount of options for the price. Good sound system. Liked the dual sunroof.

Scion is what it is- targeted for younger people. I think this car is fine as it is. I bought it expecting it to work as an adult car, but I'm a professional adult, and it just didn't work at all!!

great car for the price
By tomed81

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would def recommend this car to anyone I have had this car since it was a yr old bought it w 22k on it it now has 68k and have never had one thing ever wrong with it I bought an extended warranty and now am realizing I wont need it I changed the break pads once and that's all it needed very easy to maintain your self and w a few after market parts its even better I put lowering springs cold air intake and trd exhaust and its def quicker def wont beat an si or corolla xrs but is def quicker than other similarly priced cars I have had only hondas and im impressed with my Toyota although if I could have afforded it I prob woulda got the si but none the less this I am happy with the tc

performance , ac cools and heats very quickly in fl it makes a world of difference easy to maintain your self

lsd transmission , lower ride stance, problems with getting the gear box into reverse which is known by toyota yet they continue to make them this way cause it only happens sometimes , make radio blue tooth compatible....

Great Car!
By Karly

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a little less than a year. My first problem was when I was driving it home from the dealership. I had opened and closed the sunroof at the dealership and driving home it was making a terrible loud sound. I found out the rubber between the sunroof and windshield was loose. Got that glued back down and now it's fine. My only other real problem is that it's a terrible in the snow! I live in South Dakota and this car is the worst car I have ever driven in the winter!

Seat cloth, Sound system with Ipod integration, Panoramic sunroof/moonroof, color

Tires, no auto seats, no auto headlights

great car bad motor!
By She

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased it on my birthday as a gift to me! This was my first big car purchase. It had 40,000 mi on it and I loved the color, speed, drive and all. I absolutely loved my car! But after having it for not even two years the motor fails! Its only has 68,000 miles on it and it has a blown head gasket and a leaky water pump! Yea I know that's the same thing I said! A Toyota mechanic told me that there was nothing that I could have done to stop this from preventing because it is a manufacture problem! My car went thru the "good will" warranty review and got declined because I have never previously owned a Toyota, Lexus or scion and because I dont get dealership services!

Color, speed, and drive, . I love the space in the back. It was big enough for me and my 180 lb rotti to lay in.

interior scratches easily, warranty needs to be increased and first time buyers should be treated better, better quality of machinery and company loyalty to customers!

Supercharged
By Brian

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

3 and half years and 41,000 miles later the car still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Since I just recently paid it off, I decided to buy and install the TRD Supercharger to renew my overall interest in the car. This upgrade brings my performance rating from a 7.0 to a 9.5 (rounded to 10). The charger is smooth and quiet and makes 2nd through 5th gear a blast. The manual gearbox is fun once you become acquainted with the clutch. The car just looks gorgeous with ground effects and spoiler. I loved my tC before the forced induction but now we're on a whole new level.

TRD Supercharger,5 Speed, TRD Lowering Springs, Giant moonroof. Driving experience. Looks. Toyota Quality and Reliability

Interior rattles and vibrations. (My Hatch makes excruciatingly painful rattling noises and they can't seem to fix it.) Too much play in clutch. 1st gear is short.