2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Surprising
By Jason on 03/29/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my tC. It's the first car I bought for myself (my dad bought me a Wrangler and an F150 before that). I wanted a car with good gas mileage without looking like a Geo. The tC gives me around 24-28 mpg which is above average, but not the best. What catches you off guard with the tC is the speed. This car likes to go fast, but it's engine isn't abnoxiously loud when you hit speeds in excess of 100 mph. It's 0-60 isn't anything to brag about, but Toyota makes a supercharger for the tC if you want to tweak the engine.

Mixed feelings on my tC
By RichNYSME on 03/23/07 02:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion tC to replace my 98 Nissan 200sx-ser which was a fabulous car. I love the exterior styling, handling, comfort, and overall feel of the car. My biggest dissapointment is in the build quality. I've owned many Japanese cars over the years from Honda, Mazda, and Nissan without any problems; this is my first new Toyota purchase and I fully expected legendary Toyota quality on this car. I haven't gotten it. The paint is very delicate, scratching very easily. Interior quality is fair at best, my driver's seat is showing a lot of wear, and the interior panels get scratched very easily. I'm not rough on cars at all and this one is holding up badly at only 18 months old.

Great Car
By methuen22 on 03/19/07 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really great. I have no real concerns about it.

Great Looks, Great Value!
By martin on 02/24/07 02:56 AM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My tC replaced an 03' Lexus GS 300 and so far has done so without regret. It's standard equipment package, including the more than adequate 160 hp, 163 lb.-ft. 2.4L VVTI engine leaves little room for any "wish you had's" while enjoying the drive. The tC's styling separates the car from it's competitors by offering clean lines and a smart simplicity that turns head's. Other than getting slightly bellow "excellent" fuel economy and a sound system that's so poor it's laughable the Scion tC provided me great value for my dollar as well as that warm feeling we all get when driving something that looks as good as it gets. Do the research and test drives with it's competition and you'll agree.

Best in Small Car Its Class
By O on 02/14/07 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Before I bought the \tC I researched and test drove the Civic, RSX, and Eclipse. The tC offers the most interior room and most back seat comfort by far. It doesn’t handle at all like a sports car, but the ride is smooth, its acceleration is peppy and its handling is accurate. I bought the iPod compatible radio which is fun, but the sound quality is greatly lacking. The seats are very comfortable for a small person and so far it has handled quite nicely in the snow!

My Scion tC....a Dream Come True!
By streaknzac on 02/12/07 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely fell in love with this car the moment I laid eyes on it! It's basically an all around great sports car for the modern society we live in today. It's a very affordable new car with excellent fuel economy. Its sleek, yet simple design is very captivating just knowing that how you buy it stock is still satisfying because you know people"s heads turn when they see this car driving through the city. Also knowing that the amount of customization is practically endless. It is a wonderful feeling because you can have a one of a kind vehicle. The performance is just another area that ceased to amaze me! I love this car so much and am proud to be the owner of one.

Good Car in the $16,000 - $22,000 Market
By Muthu on 02/02/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Pros: 1. A great engine, 2.4L with 160hp. It has amazing pickup and good speed. 2. Tons of standard options and a great roof. 3. A great price on a vehicle that doesn't depreciate quickly. 4. Good enough fuel economy for a fast car. Cons: 1. The car's wheels spin during initial start, a better differential is needed. This same issue creates an uncomfortable driving experience in turns and in the rain. 2. There is some noise in the hatchback 3. I wish the steering audio controls were better 4. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall. I wish the seat's head rest was better. 5. I really wanted to get a yellow or red color but the best sporty one that I have seen is the white.

Good for a Small Car
By Mike on 01/22/07 07:22 AM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the Scion tC is a good car, although it is not the best car for me. At first I loved everything about the car but the more I used it the more I realized how little space was actually available in it. It has a great 4-cylinder engine that is quicker than you would expect. The ride is a little rough and the seats are not very comfortable. However, the interior visually is very appealing. One note: I got the Scion Sirius installation when I bought the car--big mistake! The radio flashed the antenna and neither the dealer or Scion could help. I eventually I re-routed the antenna and installed a plug and play Sirius tuner and quit using the Scion installed one.

I Like It
By SCIONRUNNER06 on 01/11/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though the seats don't go back quite enough for me, I love my tC. I have a few upgrades and am very pleased with the results. It provides excellent bang for the buck.

What is Wrong With the Car
By John Markle on 12/28/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After owning the Scion tC for over a year I think that this car is an awesome car to get and is the best car for the price range it is in. I have many suggested improvements, but the car is in my opinion much better than the Civic (my brother owns one and I have driven it in comparison) or any other car in the market. My main suggestion is that if you are getting a manual transmission to be aware that a new set of tires would be a great investment due to its ability to peel out easily.