Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Scion tC
By Mike

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome car in every way. A real looker and performs beyond my expectations. It has a great stereo, is comfortable, great A/C, and handles like a sports car.

Favorite Features

Handling, stereo, and power.

Suggested Improvements

Fold in mirrors.

Scion iC is sweet
By Reddinger

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion Tc. ',m getting ready to do a little bit more to mine to make it stand out but it isn't necessary. It handles great, far better than any other car I have ever driven. It's fun to drive with a lot of torque. Take one for a test drive and you will fall in love.

Favorite Features

The sound system, stock rims, moonroof and sunroof (never seen that on anyother vehicle), the super charger that I don't have yet but have tested and of course the hook up for the iPod.

Suggested Improvements

A little more trunk space would be nice

Just Drive A Scion tC...It's Amazing
By MysticPath

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in my late 40's and have never been one to get very excited about cars. I took a test drive just for fun in a 2006 Scion tC and instantly fell in love with the body style, handling and curves of interior. When I compared it to the Civic and Corrolla in terms of price and features the decision was hands down for the tC. I have read over 50 pages of reviews by owners and agree it is a major fun to drive. You tend to smile every time you get in it, and I am serious about that. People honestly think it is in the $25,000 - $30,000 price range. Its gas milege can be a little low though. I am averaging 25ish during the break in period but word is after 3,000 miles of break and adding a non-stock air filter 29 is possible.

Favorite Features

The sunroof is wonderful, the basic sound system is pretty nice, it plays MP3's and even reconizes folders / text. The seats are very comfortable with lots of adjustment options. The interior design is very sharp. This car has a very solid feel, 80 mph feels like 45-50. I love the outside temp display, turn signals on the side mirrors, dash, and displays.

Suggested Improvements

Its gas mileage could be improved, but at 160 horse power you are not going to get 35 mpg. It's a sport coupe after all. The lower interior door panels tend to scuff, but can be wiped off. It needs a rear window wiper. The side mirros have some blind spots, which one can eventually get used to. The black dash shows dust but I love its look.

Beats all of the competition
By C.R.

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First off those people begging for a windshield sun strip: It looks awful on the tC. I had the tint applied at the dealership and was glad when given the option to decline the windshield tint. I started off my car buying experience special ordering a Toyota Corolla S edition. After waiting several weeks I went back to the dealership and picked up a black Scion tC. I am very happy that I changed my mind. The decked out Corolla only had one more feature than the tC, which was leather. Thinking about it now though, I wish I had chosen the leather.

Favorite Features

I like the comfort, wow factor from friends, value, metallic paint, and how it is made in Japan. I love taking off the passenger head rest and recling the front seat to where it meets the back seat. This creates a bed with the back seat reclining. This is great for 2 person road trips which we take often.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags should be standard in all cars. I have taken it to the shop 3 times so far to eliminate different rattles, they have been more than excellent in handling my complaints. After the second time they had almost elimnated all of them. The explaination was that there is more plastic on plastic.

Fun little Car :)
By Lyn

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think this is a fun sporty little car for the price. I'm pleased with it! :)

Favorite Features

I like how a lot comes standard.

Suggested Improvements

I think they should provide a back wiper.