Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

review
By Jessica

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Scion tC is great, comfortable, and very spacious.

Favorite Features

The light signals on the mirrors.

Drove It And Gifted It
By jayadler1

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

June 22, 2008 Let me preface my remarks by clearly indicating that I am very high on Toyota and at my age cannot remember how many Corollas and Camrys I have owned and enjoyed as being totally reliable and satisfying in every aspect of design and and engineering. The chronicle of events with my Scion purchase I think was unique to say the least. I really only had one solitary reason for giving it away after about 1 year of driving it and I am suggesting that the logic was personal and not applicable to all Scion drivers I never sat in the car before purchase. I am a man who is 190 lbs and wears a 44 Suit. Nobody has ever suggested a need for weight loss.That means I need a lot of room. jayadler1

Favorite Features

Really, a lot of fun driving and responsive to the max. Devastating appearance, comments flying everywhere you travel with the Scion.

Suggested Improvements

Build it roomier so that four people can ride comfortably and in doing so expand your market.

2006
By djmcruz

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

MY 2006 Scion tc . ROCKS! 115,000 miles on it. The only thing replaced so far were Brakes,Tires every 50,000 and synthetic oil changes every 5,000.and what ever the services needed. The car does have a couple of squeeks and rattles but in all GREAT car.

Worth every penny
By luvcars32

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Racked up 112,000 mile on my '06 tC, and never had 1 mechanical issue with it! I replaced the clutch after 80,000 miles, and that's it. Truth be told, this is a fun little car to drive and I beat on mine quite a bit. The reason for my review is, I was weary about Scion, because they were new. I bought it because it's a Toyota. Since they had done away with their sporty cars, I took my chances on this. I'm so glad I did. It was maintained with proper flushes, oil changes, tires and brakes, and never had gave me any mechanical issues.

Favorite Features

FAVS: Love the look #1 (personal opinion) Also, the back seat is great, the front seats come all the way up, which allowed me to stand in the back. It made it easy to change my son, when he was a baby.

Suggested Improvements

Although you get the dependability of a Toyota, once you own the car, you can see where they lack on the quality. My seal for the sunroof would start to come off, which sounded horrible when it would catch wind. Once, I literally rubbed a curb and my bumper bracket completely broke. Made my car look like crap. The biggest complaint, is the seperate piece that houses the lisc. plate light. That broke shortly after purchasing the car. It cost me $100 to replace. Not happy. I hope they've improved that on newer models. Lastly, quirky thing...my stereo would change stations when it was too cold outside.

Great Car
By enginerdtrav

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car new in 2006 with 20 miles on it. I now have put 170,000 miles on it and the only issue I have had is the trunk handle breaking, which is a very common problem. Other than that it has run perfectly and not cost me an extra penny beyond standard maintenance. I'm going to keep driving it until the tires fall off which probably won't be for awhile. I certainly have gotten my money out of this car.