2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews 21

2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Excellent Car
By jscion on 08/12/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tCis wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the price range of $20,000 dollars. It's the best car under twenty grand and it handles great.

My First 2006 Scion tC
By gilbert on 08/11/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had trouble finding a dealer that would sell a tC basically stock. I ordered it thanks to an Edmunds.com referal. Ordered on a Wednesday, picked it up the following Wednesday. All I added was the mats.

Great Car
By Halewafa on 08/10/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got this car a couple of days ago and all I can say is WOW. This car is amazing, it comes with so many things that you wouldn't expect from a $17,000 car. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Great car w/ one BIG problem
By smash on 08/10/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The paint began chipping on the car the first month I bought it (July of 2004). I have since gone to arbitration and spoken with many people about the ordeal and found the issue is widespread. The paint chips and peels extremely easily- unlike any other car I have had and I've had 4 other new cars. It is ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact, that Scion decided to inconspiculously change the Silver and Navy Blue colors to nearly identical colors (but different paint) for the '06 lineup. Way to go Scion- but you've still got one big problem, you won't have a ton of repeat buyers and brand loyalty to Toyota and Lexus when your cars have to get new paint jobs every year!

my toy
By robyn collins on 08/07/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my new scion tC. It's so much fun to drive compared to so many other cars in it's price range. It's the best buy on the market for now. Toyota did a good job with this car.

a well thought out purchase
By bobby on 08/07/05 03:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are anything like me, I could not afford a $30,000 vehicle. I test drove everything even cars that I could not afford for about a year stubornly picky about the car I wanted....until i drove the Scion tC. In a nut shell it has looks, reliability, handling, speed, a great stereo, best wheel package in its class, an engine that will last, fuel eficient without looking like a space ship, an endless amount of accesories and mod capabilities, safe, but most of all sexy. All this for only $17,000 to $20,000!! If this car is marketed to young buyers than older buyers are missing out on a great investment.

My tC has heart, my heart :)
By Michelle on 07/31/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my scion tC. Ever since I bought I can not go anywhere with out getting questioned about it. It is fun to drive, fast and has a really awsome sporty look. It was the car that i was looking for but thought that i could not afford. Starting at $16,000 it is by far the only car on the road that will give you all of the options that you would want with a hot spoiler, subwoofer, rims and just about any feature to choose from. Clearly priced toward the bank account of a college student or young professional.

My Favorite Car Ever
By Nawlins Guy on 07/30/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had it for 100 miles, but I am already in love with it. The handling, the power, the long list of standard features. This car feels like $30m000, not the $17.500 I paid. The only option that we have is the sidecurtain airbags. We almost wrecked it with only 70 miles on the odometer! Some jerk tried to dart through three lanes of heavy traffic, then stopped. This was my first experience with 4 wheel ABS disc brakes. We managed to stop just inches from this fools door. The tC is a major bargain. It has lots of safety features. It is 100% Toyota with a Camry engine. I was looking for basic, reliable transportation, I ended up with all of that in cool little rocket!

Sweet
By Scott on 07/28/05 23:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my tC in May and I don't mind driving anywhere no matter how long it is. Its the perfect car for a teenager. It's not too big and not too small.

This is a safe car!
By Lew on 07/22/05 23:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter based on Toyota reliability and the price. I special ordered it to get the color and head air bag package. It turned out to be a great call because my daughter walked and passenger walked away from a 70 mph double roll over accident. The car was totaled but I am going to replace it with an identical model. This is a very safe car! The only issue I found during this accident was both sunroofs shattered in a million small pieces of glass. Nobody got even scratched because the head airbags deployed evidently shielding the passengers from the glass